Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 13:19 Quote
Mostly like that, i just scrub off the dirt, water is bad for bearings and stuff, hahahahah lol

Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 14:04 Quote
Hi everyone, just wanted to let pulse owners know.
I asked before about 650b on my 26"pulse.People said not to bother but I can confirm that they do fit (440 chainstay mode/ boxxer 26").I just need some offset bushes to drop the bb back down and it's geo will be pretty much original.The forks 26" offset actually helps it to steer better at lower speeds now .Win Win!

Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 14:54 Quote
Ziph wrote:
I asked before about 650b on my 26"pulse.People said not to bother but I can confirm that they do fit (440 chainstay mode/ boxxer 26").I just need some offset bushes to drop the bb back down and it's geo will be pretty much original.The forks 26" offset actually helps it to steer better at lower speeds now .Win Win!

Nice one!

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 23:59 Quote
fxrextreme wrote:
Ziph wrote:

Nice one!

Needs picturesCamera

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 2:06 Quote
mariner229 wrote:
fxrextreme wrote:
Ziph wrote:

Nice one!

Needs picturesCamera

As soon as I work out how to post them I will.

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 5:03 Quote
It has been done before. Seen it on a fox fork. Duno about offset bushings how much you can save the bb height

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 6:01 Quote
Fox has a lot of clearence, RS not much, i'm surprised it fits the bigger wheel.

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 6:31 Quote
brigand wrote:
Fox has a lot of clearence, RS not much, i'm surprised it fits the bigger wheel.

Yeah that was my first concern but I took the spring out and fully compressed the fork and it didn't rub anywhere so I'm happy with that.As for the offset bushes I'm pretty sure it's just effectively shortening the shock so it should sit back down to its original height or at least pretty close(the difference in height of 26 vs 650b is marginal.I could get the stroke shortened but tbh the bushes is a much cheaper alternative.

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 8:48 Quote
Maxxis HR2 27.5x2.4 didn't fit in my friends 2011/12 Boxxer, and it's a small volume tyre given it's size. It fits in old 2008 Fox 36.

I'm on a franken bike too, 27.5 front, 26 rear, offset bushes. Wink

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 11:41 Quote
Ziph wrote:
brigand wrote:

Yeah that was my first concern but I took the spring out and fully compressed the fork and it didn't rub anywhere so I'm happy with that.As for the offset bushes I'm pretty sure it's just effectively shortening the shock so it should sit back down to its original height or at least pretty close(the difference in height of 26 vs 650b is marginal.I could get the stroke shortened but tbh the bushes is a much cheaper alternative.

You'd be looking at around 1cm BB drop with a pair of Offset Bushings in that frame! Which should help.

Jeron
Offsetbushings.com

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 13:25 Quote
That's what i'm getting once mine wear out.

Have to measure the HA again, seems like the first measurement i took at 64.5° is not so true, measured arround 62.7° today, need to find a flatter ground.

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 22:54 Quote
brigand wrote:
That's what i'm getting once mine wear out.

Have to measure the HA again, seems like the first measurement i took at 64.5° is not so true, measured arround 62.7° today, need to find a flatter ground.

No way it's under 63!

Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 0:24 Quote
i know, i am confused. maybe my phone app is wrong? I have the metal one from my framebuilding days, i'll chechk with it, thou it's not precise.

Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 11:33 Quote
So now that crc is gona get bought out, what do you guys think the future holds for nuke? I got a 2016 mega on order so this buyout has me a little concerned

Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 11:40 Quote
trance650b wrote:
So now that crc is gona get bought out, what do you guys think the future holds for nuke? I got a 2016 mega on order so this buyout has me a little concerned
don't think it will have any effect on your pre order. Yes wiggle will buy CRC but they buy it for good reason and that's the fact it works and works well .

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019257
Mobile Version of Website