Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: May 24, 2016 at 4:17 Quote
TIM271182 wrote:
Anyone 6ft 1 or there abouts riding an XL mega 650b? I treid the L and it felt to small.

No XL available to try...

I think your height is borderline L/XL...more a question of limb/torso proportions and style...

You may want to give the 29er a go if your that height...I'm running an XL 290.

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 12:38 Quote
Hello. New to Pinkbike. I'm thinking of buying a 2015 Nukeproof Mega AM 275, but unfortunately I have no where to test ride it. I am 5'10"ish (I keep shrinking at my age) and wanted to know if a medium or large would fit me better. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 13:20 Quote
Travel66 wrote:
I think your height is borderline L/XL...more a question of limb/torso proportions and style...

im thinking about the 29er in XL, how tall are you travel66? im 6-2.5

O+
Posted: May 24, 2016 at 17:31 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
bikestan827 wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with the 2016 Nukeproof Scout 27.5 Race bike? I'm looking at buying an aggressive-geometry hardtail and the Scout looks awesome.
if your after an Ali bike,have a look at a Dartmoor hornet,doesn't get anymore aggressive than that,

Man that Hornet is sick! Love the all-black that they have on their site. I am however in the US...do Euro companies ship here pretty easily? Or is it a hassle?

I'm currently thinking of getting the 2016 Commencal Meta HT

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 23:58 Quote
Timenator wrote:
Travel66 wrote:

im thinking about the 29er in XL, how tall are you travel66? im 6-2.5

6'2 but with very long legs and average arms.....

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 1:27 Quote
Would 170mm fork for a Mega 275 be too much? I think it would be too slack just as it it is with 65 degrees.

I have to decide if Pike or Lyrik is better for this frame

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 4:02 Quote
Who here rides a 2012 Nukeproof Mega, looks like it's got a relatively up to date geometry and I'm looking for a cheap(ish) way into more enduro/downhill riding?

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 5:24 Quote
Oscarider wrote:
Who here rides a 2012 Nukeproof Mega, looks like it's got a relatively up to date geometry and I'm looking for a cheap(ish) way into more enduro/downhill riding?

Oh yes! My 2012 mega has put up with cwmcarn, bpw, caersws, black mountains, and just about every other Dh trail in the UK.
It loves it.
40' jumps included.
Way stronger than the newer frames too.
Views: 298    Faves: 0    Comments: 6

Views: 460    Faves: 3    Comments: 6

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 10:17 Quote
oldmanDan wrote:
Oscarider wrote:

Oh yes! My 2012 mega has put up with cwmcarn, bpw, caersws, black mountains, and just about every other Dh trail in the UK.
It loves it.
40' jumps included.

Sick riding and thanks for the feedback, will start trawling the buysell, I heard that the original shock wasn't great, what do you run or what do you know works well?

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 11:22 Quote
Oscarider wrote:
oldmanDan wrote:
Oscarider wrote:

It loves it.
40' jumps included.

Sick riding and thanks for the feedback, will start trawling the buysell, I heard that the original shock wasn't great, what do you run or what do you know works well?

The monarch it comes with is meh......
It's not that bad if you do a bit of fettling with it.
If you open up the can and do a bit of volume adjustment, it becomes a different beast.
Still not quite as good as a coil shock but it takes the shit.

I see you ride the clump....

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 12:31 Quote
Hi all what's the shock leanth and strone for the nukeproof 650b TR ??? AND what tune ?? I'm looking at buying a shock from CRC and they give a choice of tunes but I have no idea ??

O+
Posted: May 25, 2016 at 12:42 Quote
superbikes wrote:
Hi all what's the shock leanth and strone for the nukeproof 650b TR ??? AND what tune ?? I'm looking at buying a shock from CRC and they give a choice of tunes but I have no idea ??
190mm 7.5in

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 13:14 Quote
superbikes wrote:
What shock?

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 14:20 Quote
oldmanDan wrote:
superbikes wrote:
What shock?
was looking at the monarch RC3 BUT not in stock for 190x50 . Now looking at the monarch plus but only size they have is 195x51 will i get away with that size ????

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021449
Mobile Version of Website