Mafia Blackjack - what do you all think?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Mafia Blackjack - what do you all think?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 23, 2012 at 5:03 Quote
So, i came across this on facebook. they are a good price, and they use a 4130 frame which is a step up from when they used sh*tty Hi-Ten. plus its 24" SPECIFIC! just wondering what you lot think, heres what mafia say:

BlackJack £275 (available June)

4130 chromo mainframe with integral seat clamp, tiny drop outs & removeable brake hardware, double wall alloy rims, mafiabikes (fat) pivotal seat/post, kenda k-rad whitewall tyres, alloy semi sealed hubs, 3 piece 4130 samox crank set, alloy platform pedals, sealed Spanish 19mm BB, U-brake with clear pads, tapered forks, sealed internal headset, 28” wide bars
mafia black jack. BlackJack 275 available June 4130 chromo mainframe with integral seat clamp tiny drop outs amp removeable brake hardware double wall alloy rims mafiabikes fat pivotal seat post kenda k-rad whitewall tyres alloy semi sealed hubs 3 piece 4130 samox crank set alloy platform pedals sealed Spanish 19mm BB U-brake with clear pads tapered forks sealed internal headset 28 wide bars
mafia black jack. BlackJack 275 available June 4130 chromo mainframe with integral seat clamp tiny drop outs amp removeable brake hardware double wall alloy rims mafiabikes fat pivotal seat post kenda k-rad whitewall tyres alloy semi sealed hubs 3 piece 4130 samox crank set alloy platform pedals sealed Spanish 19mm BB U-brake with clear pads tapered forks sealed internal headset 28 wide bars

Posted: Nov 12, 2012 at 15:27 Quote
geo wise it looks similar to a ns capital, im tempted 2 buy 1 pretty much just for the frame and bb, plan on putting slx's and fox 36's. some may say slight over kill but it would half the weight and ride a dream

Posted: Nov 12, 2012 at 16:13 Quote
I like, i know mafias bmx went through a stage of being hated on because they were apparently shit. I like the blackjack. Forks and cranks would be something you may want to change later on but i think it is a really nice set up

Posted: Nov 13, 2012 at 6:05 Quote
osbornezo wrote:
I like, i know mafias bmx went through a stage of being hated on because they were apparently shit. I like the blackjack. Forks and cranks would be something you may want to change later on but i think it is a really nice set up

i agree mate, i think for the price you pay the parts arnt going to be top qaulity (forks bars wheels) but the frame it self looks well built and you could get a ver nice custom from it ( i plan on doing this) for £240 quid its cheap as fo, il let you guys know what i think of it when i get one

Posted: Nov 13, 2012 at 7:52 Quote
I think if your going to have to replace most of the parts then the money would be better spent on a frame and not a complete with low budget parts.

A frame that cost £240 is going to be better than a frame that came on a complete that cost £240

Just my two cents.

Posted: Nov 13, 2012 at 8:36 Quote
doughnutSpaghetti wrote:
I think if your going to have to replace most of the parts then the money would be better spent on a frame and not a complete with low budget parts.

A frame that cost £240 is going to be better than a frame that came on a complete that cost £240

Just my two cents.

granted, but i do like the look of this, the closes options would be the ns capital £349 or the dartmoor equivalent at £299. im curious about this one, if i snap this frame then i know i should of gone aftermarket

Posted: Nov 13, 2012 at 8:37 Quote
the only thing i see you gain from a ns would be the weight shave and the name

Posted: Nov 13, 2012 at 12:40 Quote
lil-laner wrote:
the only thing i see you gain from a ns would be the weight shave and the name

Posted: Nov 13, 2012 at 12:57 Quote
Mafia bikes have a bit of a reputation, namely their warranty if i remember. Someone snapped one of their frames on a small drop and weren't given warranty because they had changed the grips.

Posted: Nov 13, 2012 at 13:01 Quote
I don't see how you could go wrong at that price. The components may not be high end, but they look durable enough to last. Even if you ended up replacing the majority of parts, you could do it slowly as needed/wanted.
If you plan on immediately swapping out several pieces your money may be better placed elsewhere, but otherwise it seems like a great low budget option.

Posted: Nov 13, 2012 at 13:14 Quote
Mafia Bikes... Also take a look at the comments on this photo
Mafia sure know how to talk to their customers.

Posted: Nov 15, 2012 at 6:11 Quote
Mafia bikes are also made alongside with amity bmx products (same distributor ect) so it should be good quality

Posted: Mar 30, 2013 at 13:33 Quote
im thinking of getting one for my birthday it probs wont snap with me on it because i weigh hardly anything but if i was going to get new parts it will be forks, bars and cranks

Posted: Apr 1, 2013 at 11:52 Quote
I was thinking about getting this and putting on my dmr trailblade forks and ns district bars and buying odyssey 24inch front wheel and keeping the back rim and lace it up to a sealed hub I have. I got 400 to spend and I want a 24inch bike

Posted: Jul 22, 2013 at 15:42 Quote
Alright guys I'm a big guy 14 half stone came across this bike want to spend round £300 on a dirt street bike as a first timer how would this be for me?

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022463
Mobile Version of Website