Epic 29er Concern

PB Forum :: Specialized
Epic 29er Concern
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 23, 2012 at 21:16 Quote
I just bought a 2012 Epic Comp Carbon last week and I've put about 50mi on it so far. Just one issue that I'm a little concerned about.

Is this amount of clearance from the top chainring to the swingarm normal? It looks close as hell and I've never bashed the chainring on anything.
photo

Posted: May 15, 2012 at 1:17 Quote
Nice bike!

Is the chainring rubbing the chainstay? if its CF i would say thats pretty bad.

I would get the dealer to have a look, bb spindle width/ pressfit bearings not seated well,spacer missing?

I think most CF chainstays also have a small protective plate just there (and in a few other spots) just in case the chain jumps off and for cable rub.

you could try posting in another section like - bikes and parts or mechanics lounge with some details of your puild and maybe a couple mor photos in you album to get some other opinions,

Posted: May 15, 2012 at 12:48 Quote
Thanks man Smile It's an aluminum swingarm but with chainsuck it's started to get some gouges in it - my dealer told me it was normal but I guess I will call Spec myself and see what's up.

Posted: May 15, 2012 at 13:15 Quote
IMO a chain that is gouging the chainstay is bad, do not really see how that is
acceptable and I do not think that "normally" happensConfused

did the dealer have any solutions?

check these links for some infoSalute

chainline

chainsuck article here substitute the "*" in the URL for the letter "a", (site wont allow direct links)

(*=a)

www.fagan.co.za/Bikes/Csuck

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009044
Mobile Version of Website