GoPro HD Hero 2 or DSLR?

PB Forum :: Biking Videos
GoPro HD Hero 2 or DSLR?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 24, 2012 at 12:00 Quote
Hey,
Bassically I do not know whether to choose either a HD Hero 2 or a DSLR. I personally want the HD Hero 2 as I do downhill and would be handy to record and make edits and what not, but also a DSLR for filming mates etc and making edits in good quality, but also for pictures. The main reason I want a DSLR is because im not a fan of SLR's with all the lenses etc. I am doing a photography course next year and I am not sure which to buy...

I know the HD Hero 2 does video and pictures but can anyone tell me what the pictures are like on a HD hero 2, and perhaps post them in this thread? Obviously its not going to be amazing but at the end of the day its going to be handy for my course next year.

I want a DSLr so I can still produce edits and pictures but want to ask you guys if you know any decent cameras which can do video and pictures, both with good qaulity and not ridiculousy expensive.

Cheers for reading,
Scott

Posted: May 4, 2012 at 5:45 Quote
Hey

I'm my honest opinion, get both! They have completely different uses, so if you can only afford one, then you're going to have to work out which one you need most right now, and maybe get the other at a later date?

Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean by not liking SLR's but you're wanting a DSLR. DSLR's are just digital SLR's (hense the 'D'), so they'll have lots of lens options, which is all part of why they're such a versitle camera.

If you don't want to bother with changing lenses and would like digital zoom as well as analogue, then you'd be better off with a bridge camera. They are a good compromise, they have a lot of the DSLR features and most include a fully manual mode, but they are cheaper than a budget DSLR (more towards the GoPro fund).

If you're going a photography course, get the DSLR or bridge camera first, a GoPro is no good for still images.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv88 0.013530
Mobile Version of Website