Cheapest way to ship bike in Canada?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Cheapest way to ship bike in Canada?
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 19:02 Quote
if its cod id go canada post with grayhound it takes around a month to get the check

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 19:17 Quote
Cheapist shipping is grey hound bus company

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 19:22 Quote
how does it work for shiping on the bus?????????????

thanks

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 6:53 Quote
I use one of these when I have specific questions like this:

http://www.voipcentral.org/images/639_39.jpg

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 7:20 Quote
cooldudethatate wrote:
What is the cheapest way to ship a bike in canada

absolute cheapest is by Greyhound. sounds crazy, i know. it works, takes awhile but works.

Purolator is really cheap if you can convince the guy at the counter to price it by weight only. should be around $30. coffee helpstup

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 15:08 Quote
Do you think the purolater thing works guys

Posted: Dec 21, 2007 at 23:19 Quote
limited60 wrote:

wow dude thanks alot for your help. give some help or shot up

Posted: Dec 21, 2007 at 23:28 Quote
Canada Post will be the cheapest out of any mailing place. FedEx, UPS, DHL and other couriers are a fortune. Greyhound is cheap but they charge an oversize fee. I shipped a hockey bag with all my equipment in it so it may weigh like 15 pounds tops and it was $75 to ship it from Calgary to Toronto because the hockey bag was oversized. A bike box is huge so it will be pricey. Definitely call Greyhound with the approximate weight of the package and dimensions and they will give you a quote. Same thing goes with Canada Post or any other courier. You can get quotes online from those places. Also, Greyhound has a limit on the amount of insurance you can put on items so when I decided to ship my hockey bag, it was not with my Easton Synergy Si-Core sticks and Graf skates as two sticks and my skates are over their limit and replacement cost is over $1250.

Posted: Dec 21, 2007 at 23:32 Quote
4xer wrote:
Canada Post will be the cheapest out of any mailing place. FedEx, UPS, DHL and other couriers are a fortune. Greyhound is cheap but they charge an oversize fee. I shipped a hockey bag with all my equipment in it so it may weigh like 15 pounds tops and it was $75 to ship it from Calgary to Toronto because the hockey bag was oversized. A bike box is huge so it will be pricey. Definitely call Greyhound with the approximate weight of the package and dimensions and they will give you a quote. Same thing goes with Canada Post or any other courier. You can get quotes online from those places. Also, Greyhound has a limit on the amount of insurance you can put on items so when I decided to ship my hockey bag, it was not with my Easton Synergy Si-Core sticks and Graf skates as two sticks and my skates are over their limit and replacement cost is over $1250.

from edmonton to bc it cost me 90 bucks with the cod charge (greyhound)

take them to send me the check over 2 month

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 7:19 Quote
kingfisher1 wrote:
limited60 wrote:

wow dude thanks alot for your help. give some help or shot up

I guess for me it's more about being independent and not relying on others to do the leg work for you. One quick phone call to Greyhound will give you the lowdown without any misinformation--surprisingly, most vendors are prtty informed about the services they offer...probably moreso than members of the PB community.

So, while I do appreciate being told to put up or shut up...being told to shut up by someone who can't perform such a simple task on his own has so little bearing on anything I will say or do in the future that it's probably more of an insult to you than it is to me.

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 10:09 Quote
just dont usd ups they suck ass

tricket me on some shiping.

in the end i didnt even use they so.

ups price to ship brakes form bc to edmonton 50 bucks
privete company was 12 bucks lol

Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 15:58 Quote
How?

peach wrote:
I had a full bike and a full size bike box shipped form BC to ontario for $50 with ups. Also you could go with Grey Hound its about as cheap as you can go!

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 1:15 Quote
e-man13 wrote:
How?

peach wrote:
I had a full bike and a full size bike box shipped form BC to ontario for $50 with ups. Also you could go with Grey Hound its about as cheap as you can go!

ups price to ship brakes form bc to edmonton was 50 bucks
privete shipping company was 12 bucks to my door lol

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 8:47 Quote
kingfisher1 wrote:
e-man13 wrote:
How?

peach wrote:

ups price to ship brakes form bc to edmonton was 50 bucks
privete shipping company was 12 bucks to my door lol

What private shipping company?

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 20:29 Quote
i dont remember the name.
the store i got the parts from found them for me.
it was kinda funny, cuz i gave my credit card to ups, then the store sed, we will get it to you for only 12 bucks.
i still have 50 bucks credit at ups.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.026265
Mobile Version of Website