Im stuck between the demo 7 and SX

PB Forum :: Specialized
Im stuck between the demo 7 and SX
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 28, 2012 at 19:49 Quote
Hey ive been out of mountain bikes for a few years finally going to get back in to it. Im stuck between a demo 7 and the SX i went to see a demo 7 today i loved the bike but it felt heavy maybe im so unfit now. Also it felt big but im 175cm and 150lb's so a medium is my size i think a small maybe to small. So im thinking there is a small SX forsale in my area might go take a look tomorrow just want a good all round bike for trail riding and to get fit again. I just thought the demo would be to heavy to go up hill what should i go for?

Posted: Apr 28, 2012 at 22:55 Quote
Ok so i have found this sizing chart for the demo 7 for my size 175cm im at the max of small and the bottom of medium so im not sure what size would be ok?

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/contentPages.asp?pageID=62

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 at 13:05 Quote
I own a demo 7 size L and I am aprox 178cm, I've ridden around on a size M and it feels just right (for downhill at least).
At your size I would go for a size M if you like riding a lot of downhill, but if you're more into jumping (or freeriding) then you should go for the size S, as you will find it a bit easier to handle. On both sizes you will be comfortable though, so if you're buying used then you might as well go for the size you can get a better deal on haha.

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 at 13:10 Quote
For a Demo 7 you are definitely a small at 5'7.5". I've ridden both sizes and the small is perfect (I'm 5'7") while the medium felt like a boat. The top tube is very long.

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 at 14:30 Quote
Thank you for your replys i do want a demo 7 but people are saying the sx is a better bike for trails but its only a few lb's lighter and im finding it hard to find a medium sx. So if i get a small demo 7 could i use it for trails and climing up hill?

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 at 14:35 Quote
Go take a look at the small SX that's for sale in your area, as per your original post. Ride it around and see if you like it. What do you want to use the bike for?

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 at 14:44 Quote
comacruz wrote:
Go take a look at the small SX that's for sale in your area, as per your original post. Ride it around and see if you like it. What do you want to use the bike for?

The thing is on the size chart i posted above it says in need a medium sx but there is not one in my area for sale. Im going to use it firstly to get fit do some trails and maybe go to the calgary cop bike park for abit of down hill.

Posted: Apr 30, 2012 at 6:32 Quote
the demo is not very good at climbing, al though you could probably pull it off with a 1x10, it will definately get you fit! haha but if you really want to do some decent climbing and still bomb the downhill go for the SX trail

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.150315
Mobile Version of Website