Broken neck

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 29, 2012 at 16:18 Quote
A month ago i broke my neck, split my shoulder blade and broke my hand riding DH. I start my physio tomorrow as alot of the muscles down the left side of my neck and back were torn. Just wondered if anyone on here has had any similar injuries, and how long was it before you were riding again? My main concern is damaging my neck or shoulder again if i start riding too soon. Any advice appreciated

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 at 16:46 Quote
as much as it sucks not being able to ride I would seriously wait till your doctor tells you that you are good to go. A broken neck is pretty serious stuff, you dont want to risk hurting it again and be out of riding for even longer or for good. Good luck with the recovery though

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2012 at 19:01 Quote
Sorry about your injury. I too would take the advise of your doctor and physiotherapist. Just wondering, were you wearing a neck brace when you had your accident?

Posted: Apr 30, 2012 at 1:33 Quote
I would take the advice of my doctor but after my x-rays showed a broken neck, my doctor told me that i wouldnt need a neck brace. I only got one because i complained to one of the nurses. The hospital near me has one of the worst reputations in the country so, and been told i wouldnt need a neck brace for a broken neck told me all i needed to know about my doctor. Anyway no i wasnt wearing a neck brace when i crashed. Before i get back on my bike i am gonna buy one though. Do you wear a neck brace?

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2012 at 7:14 Quote
That sucks about the doctor, how easy would it be for you do see a different one? I assume for a broken neck will you be doing physical therapy to get back to 100%. If you can choose where you'll go for your physical therapy, try and go to one where they specialize in sports injuries. Your therapist who you'll see at least one a week should be able to give you a good idea when you're healed up and when it will be safe for you to ride again. That's how it was for me when I had a knee injury and wanted to get back to skiing (I had a partial tear in my ACL).

I don't have a neck brace but after doing a lot of reading on the different bike forums, plan to get a Leatt. Good luck in your recover!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008963
Mobile Version of Website