PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Abandoned project thread
Posted: Jul 29, 2012 at 20:59 Quote
recklessness wrote:
LOL @ 18K.

Probably what it was appraised at Eek

Posted: Jul 29, 2012 at 20:59 Quote
not for 18k.

my truck is in campbell river while im in gp.. just looking for cheaper one to beat on while im here ..:P

Posted: Jul 29, 2012 at 21:00 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
recklessness wrote:
LOL @ 18K.

Probably what it was appraised at Eek
That's a bit generous. Granted he probably sold it to some chump for that much.

Posted: Jul 29, 2012 at 21:02 Quote
So, I have decided to part ways with my 1980 frame. Needs too much work to be use-able and I do not have that sort of time.I will be using the axles and driveshafts off of it.

On a better note, I got in contact with a guy that has a 76' k30 chassis complete roller, sandblasted and powder coated for sale for $1000 I am going to snatch up. Has some extra bracing in it and will speed up the process of the truck tenfold.

Posted: Jul 31, 2012 at 8:07 Quote
Boring and slow today, I think I will have a go at tearing apart my dodge np205 transfer case, stripping and painting it.

Pics to come.

Posted: Aug 1, 2012 at 6:17 Quote
Little update here. As I previously mentioned I have ditched my old 1980 frame for a better frame. I'm fairly excited about this and have a feeling the overall outcome will be much better with a more solid frame.

New Frame
New Frame

Rear end of the frame needs a bit of grinding and paint, but there looks to me a lot of extra bracing.

Comparison between new and old frame

New Frame

photo

Posted: Aug 1, 2012 at 6:18 Quote
Yo, can my buddy and I learn to chop roofs with your cab? If we don't mangle it you can use it!!

Posted: Aug 1, 2012 at 6:37 Quote
I don't think I'll be using it, havent had a look at it yet. You only get two sides so the learning curve better be high LOL

Posted: Aug 1, 2012 at 6:38 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
I don't think I'll be using it, havent had a look at it yet. You only get two sides so the learning curve better be high LOL
Zach is solid. Betcha he nails it first try.

Posted: Aug 1, 2012 at 6:38 Quote
Then you can have a go at your truck!

Posted: Aug 1, 2012 at 6:40 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
Then you can have a go at your truck!
Exactly!! I want him to have one under his belt before I get him to do mine. Hahahaha.

Posted: Aug 9, 2012 at 14:53 Quote
Little update, the dodge t-case is coming along just great.

Interesting project, decided on getting a rebuild kit for it as opposed to running it as is, stripping the outside and painting it.

Looked around and found a how-to guide so I'm pretty well set!

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 8:09 Quote
I read through you thread the other day and happened across this today while surfing 67-72chevytrucks.com

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=332249

Are you a member over there as well?

My bike hauler is an 87 R30 ccdrw (yes total overkill for the job) so word up to the square bodies and good luck with your project!

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 10:50 Quote
Noticed you bought some stuff from MBRP. Did you ever see their 12v JK build? Took a 4-door and stretched the "bed" 18". Slightly irrelevant, but it may give you some ideas for the motor.

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 19:26 Quote
Yes I read about that. Seemed rather interesting. I've got a fairly good idea which direction my project is going.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017579
Mobile Version of Website