Chinese carbon rims..... Anyone got them are they any good?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Chinese carbon rims..... Anyone got them are they any good?
Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 12:47 Quote
Still rollin strong here! No complaints an still tru as day 1.

Posted: Nov 7, 2014 at 6:09 Quote
higiff wrote:
how are peoples rims holding up?

About 16 months on mine and no issues, 210 mile ride down through the Welsh mountains this summer cycled 8-10 hours a day for 3 1/2 days with a 12kg pack on my back and not even a puncture, some fairly tough terrain too.

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 at 15:54 Quote
Still rock solid, a few white marks from rock strikes but I've never so much as taken a spoke key to them.

Posted: Nov 10, 2014 at 11:54 Quote
No issues... but use lock tight on the nipples.. or alloy nipples.

My brass ones could not grip the rims and came un done BIG STYLE..

Rims have shaved 1lb off my V10...

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 1:28 Quote
Has anyone used these carbon wheels?

They are a factory out of China producing some very well priced carbon wheel sets..

http://www.asiancyclexpress.com

Thoughts/reviews?

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 1:34 Quote
Nice to be on a frame that fits me.
Just won a race on mine. About 900 miles on them and still true and strong.

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 4:35 Quote
jeanlove wrote:
Has anyone used these carbon wheels?

They are a factory out of China producing some very well priced carbon wheel sets..

http://www.asiancyclexpress.com

Thoughts/reviews?

sOCK PUPPET

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 7:48 Quote
I'm looking forward to receiving my Nextie 35mm in Dh build with in the next couple weeks. Was hesitant on Carbon wheels but I'm giving them a shot. They will be getting built with Saint Hubs for my Demo 8 Carbon. I'll post up pics once they arrive and are built.

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2015 at 1:10 Quote
Hi guys I'm very tempted by the dh version of these rims, does anyone know if they are tubless ready and also are they really strong enough!!!! I weigh 13 stone ride a nukeproof pulse and ride hard!!!!! Fast dh jumps drops weekend warrior really but want to shed some weight but have a bomb proof set up, it's either these or the mavic 823 us rims, any thoughts

Cheers Ben

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 at 8:23 Quote
86kg here, mine have been perfect, though I do run them close to 30psi. dirty dans or magic mary.

Posted: Mar 10, 2015 at 3:10 Quote
You shouldn't have any issues, i am 12.5 stone and run the AM version on my DH rig, same as anything though really... it you hit something hard enough it will break..

FL
Posted: Mar 14, 2015 at 9:33 Quote
Hey guys.

So after realising that a set of enve rims is insane money and reading this thread I am going to go for a set of LB 26 inch rims.

I am mainly looking for a trail/enduro/light DH setup. So do you think the 38 or 33mm width would be best to go with?

Initially I thought 38, but then saw the 33's are 'new' and designed for pretty much all of the above.

I don't want to go overkill, but at the same time I don't want to be 'under-wheeled' for the odd trip to the Alps or places like Bikepark Wales.

They are going on my 160mm travel Commencal Meta SX.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Posted: Apr 12, 2015 at 9:21 Quote
depends alot on your riding style as well, 38mm will be more bombproof.

how much you weigh as well.

i am really impressed with the 33mm, get a good wheel builder, this makes the difference as well.

Posted: Apr 13, 2015 at 2:34 Quote
33mm should be enough unless you really want that massive tyre profile. The curve of the tyre is the real difference. if you typically run low pressure go wider.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.098394
Mobile Version of Website