Boredom Central

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Boredom Central
Posted: Nov 3, 2015 at 3:09 Quote
bryandickson wrote:
CameronRose wrote:
bryandickson wrote:
Just had my first class for college, doing welding foundations. Have the night/afternoon class. 3-10:30. Pretty stoked to be finally started!
congrats dude, hope you enjoy it. I'm starting to think I would have enjoyed welding more than what I'm doing just now

Yeah I'm hoping it'll go well! For the first while it'll just be a bunch of safety videos, handouts, all that of course. Then cutting straight lines with torches for like a week haha

What are you doing now?
It'll be worth it once you get your hands dirty. I'm in my second year of Mech Eng, thought it was going to be a bit more hands on but it's a lot more written work and theory this year. Boo hiss.

Posted: Nov 3, 2015 at 6:09 Quote
CameronRose wrote:
bryandickson wrote:
CameronRose wrote:
congrats dude, hope you enjoy it. I'm starting to think I would have enjoyed welding more than what I'm doing just now

Yeah I'm hoping it'll go well! For the first while it'll just be a bunch of safety videos, handouts, all that of course. Then cutting straight lines with torches for like a week haha

What are you doing now?
It'll be worth it once you get your hands dirty. I'm in my second year of Mech Eng, thought it was going to be a bit more hands on but it's a lot more written work and theory this year. Boo hiss.
Did you expect to be building cars or something in college doing that? lol
But really. I feel ya. And congrats to Bryan too.
Speaking of college, I'm looking at classes for next semester. At like only 13 credits, but some hard stuff.

Posted: Nov 3, 2015 at 6:30 Quote
looeythedog wrote:
CameronRose wrote:
bryandickson wrote:

What are you doing now?
Speaking of college, I'm looking at classes for next semester. At like only 13 credits, but some hard stuff.
Mech Eng =/= Car Mechanics. My week consists of project management, health and safety, systems analysis and an assortment of number crunching classes on various subjects. All of which are mind numbing without any practical work for motivation. I'm going to grit my teeth and leave this year with the HND, the plan after that is RAF aircraft mechanical technician.

Posted: Nov 3, 2015 at 6:47 Quote
CameronRose wrote:
looeythedog wrote:
CameronRose wrote:
Mech Eng =/= Car Mechanics. My week consists of project management, health and safety, systems analysis and an assortment of number crunching classes on various subjects. All of which are mind numbing without any practical work for motivation. I'm going to grit my teeth and leave this year with the HND, the plan after that is RAF aircraft mechanical technician.
It was a joke.

Posted: Nov 3, 2015 at 15:01 Quote
looeythedog wrote:
CameronRose wrote:
looeythedog wrote:

It was a joke.
Which you suck at.

Posted: Nov 10, 2015 at 14:06 Quote

If anyone on here likes documentaries, this one was worth the hour and a half.

Edit: just as a warning it does get pretty graphic/dark so if that's not your thing just skip this one.

Posted: Dec 21, 2015 at 21:05 Quote
Anyone want to give me advice with my schedule? I am currently supposed to work 1-4pm and 5:30-9pm on fridays and have a tutorial from 4:05-5:25 (I'd be like 5/10 minutes late for class and need to leave early but it is only a tutorial). If I drop the 1-4pm part of my shift I can take a class in the afternoon instead of tuesday and thursdays at 8:30am, this would make my schedule less hectic and a lot more consistent (I basically have class 6-9 mon-thurs and don't start before 1pm most days). I am not a morning person, but those 3 hours kind of make a big enough difference in my pay check and I already had to drop another 3 hour shift. I am currently able to support myself but funds are getting on the low side. I would however have support from family if needed, I just don't want to end up in that situation. Any advice?

Posted: Dec 21, 2015 at 21:09 Quote
skunkape wrote:
Anyone want to give me advice with my schedule? I am currently supposed to work 1-4pm and 5:30-9pm on fridays and have a tutorial from 4:05-5:25 (I'd be like 5/10 minutes late for class and need to leave early but it is only a tutorial). If I drop the 1-4pm part of my shift I can take a class in the afternoon instead of tuesday and thursdays at 8:30am, this would make my schedule less hectic and a lot more consistent (I basically have class 6-9 mon-thurs and don't start before 1pm most days). I am not a morning person, but those 3 hours kind of make a big enough difference in my pay check and I already had to drop another 3 hour shift. I am currently able to support myself but funds are getting on the low side. I would however have support from family if needed, I just don't want to end up in that situation. Any advice?

Try it and if your schedule is too hefty than drop the work.

Posted: Dec 30, 2015 at 18:33 Quote
Dear goodness. Made the mistake of getting into a Facebook argument with some people. Like the old saying 'idiots will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

Posted: Dec 30, 2015 at 20:10 Quote
fighting feminists

Posted: Dec 30, 2015 at 23:22 Quote
Or any Donald trump supporter.

Posted: Dec 31, 2015 at 5:21 Quote
Started arguing with people who think Obama f*cked the US up and, I quote, is a terrorist....

Posted: Dec 31, 2015 at 14:58 Quote
your either with us, or against us

Posted: Dec 31, 2015 at 15:00 Quote
photo
Here's the original post. Won't even go into comments as they are as uninformed and poorly written.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.041104
Mobile Version of Website