2012 Kona Entourage Forum!

PB Forum :: Kona
2012 Kona Entourage Forum!
Posted: Jul 13, 2012 at 9:24 Quote
nzbika wrote:
kbrock wrote:
My new baby. Absolutely impressed with it so far:

New fork and shock on in the week to come

I was wondering how your bike handle dh riding? my brother test rode one in the car park but that means nothing and how would it compare to an operator?

Yeah. It's oriented more for tearing up bike parks, flowing lines, and big hucks. There, it absolutely beats anything hands down. I've taken it through rocky, technical terrain and it held up just fine, but you can feel that in this setting, an 8 inch bike would be more well suited - like the Operator (I've owned both). Just depends on what type of riding you want to do. If racing, go with the Operator. You wont find a more stable, confidence inspiring bike. If freeriding/dropping/hucking/hitting berms - go Entourage.

Posted: Jul 17, 2012 at 15:46 Quote
Hi guys.
I've already read some things about this topic, but I just couldn't get a normal answer.
How would you recommend putting a boxxer on an entourage? is that kind of prohibited in owners manual? (as I couldn't find one on the internet) and how radically would it change bike's geometry?
thanks for answering Smile

Posted: Jul 17, 2012 at 16:05 Quote
Hey maco I'm not sure how it would ride or put stress on the frame , but I have seen a pic of a few set up like that before , looks pretty cool

Posted: Jul 17, 2012 at 16:10 Quote
jbodington wrote:
Hey maco I'm not sure how it would ride or put stress on the frame , but I have seen a pic of a few set up like that before , looks pretty cool

wow, That's great. I thought it would look, kinda unnatural..
I will keep searching for the photo.. Smile

Posted: Jul 17, 2012 at 17:49 Quote
hope this helps you Maco-t

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6030/dscn1317q.jpg

Posted: Jul 17, 2012 at 18:13 Quote
pasteldepapa wrote:
hope this helps you Maco-t

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6030/dscn1317q.jpg

Yes, It does.
Thank you, very much! Smile

Posted: Jul 18, 2012 at 9:24 Quote
Maco-t wrote:
Hi guys.
I've already read some things about this topic, but I just couldn't get a normal answer.
How would you recommend putting a boxxer on an entourage? is that kind of prohibited in owners manual? (as I couldn't find one on the internet) and how radically would it change bike's geometry?
thanks for answering Smile
I put a totem on mine and if I remember right (and am too lazy to check) the totem has the same axle to crown as a boxxer or its very close. Really, it makes it feel only a little slower. But if you want to DH the piss out of the bike, I think it would be awesome. I kind of want to pull the boxxer off my wife's bike and try it. I seriously doubt that it will mess up the HT on this bike. They are pretty burley.

Posted: Jul 18, 2012 at 14:15 Quote
bigquotes But if you want to DH the piss out of the bike,

That's exactly, what my friend wants Smile
Thanks for the information and if you'll decide to put a boxxer on your bike, please upload some photos too.. Smile

Posted: Jul 21, 2012 at 21:22 Quote
Just got my sons Entourage built up by my LBS...still waiting on wheels and RaceFace Atlas stem.
photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2012 at 21:31 Quote
Je3Re3My wrote:
Just got my sons Entourage built up by my LBS...still waiting on wheels and RaceFace Atlas stem.
photo
photo
photo
That is BEAUTIFUL!

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 22, 2012 at 15:13 Quote
DJRYNO4LIFE wrote:
Je3Re3My wrote:
photo
photo
photo
That is BEAUTIFUL!
Very nice indeed! What wheel set?

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2012 at 15:43 Quote
KonaTrevor wrote:
DJRYNO4LIFE wrote:
Je3Re3My wrote:
photo
photo
photo
That is BEAUTIFUL!
Very nice indeed! What wheel set?
I believe hes running a mtx 33 wheelset laced to formula hubs

Posted: Jul 22, 2012 at 20:26 Quote
I am waiting on Chris King hubs (red), Mavic 729's and DT Swiss comp spokes (black). Then finishing up my Entouage DLX...hopefully post that in the next couple weeks. Curious what the 2013's will be like, if any changes at all besides color...Kona website says 2 more weeks.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 23, 2012 at 9:37 Quote
Je3Re3My wrote:
I am waiting on Chris King hubs (red), Mavic 729's and DT Swiss comp spokes (black). Then finishing up my Entouage DLX...hopefully post that in the next couple weeks. Curious what the 2013's will be like, if any changes at all besides color...Kona website says 2 more weeks.
Top tube is different. Both models are a dark grey with the dlx being ano. Frames are slightly lighter from material being machined off.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.036884
Mobile Version of Website