Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 13:45 Quote
sidermang wrote:
ah, take out the driveshaft, its CV style sliding shaft 12 bolts Holding it on I believe
So realistically, anything gunna break after that happens?

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 13:45 Quote
recklessness wrote:
stand-easy wrote:
recklessness wrote:

*87 and older.
f*ck. you're correct, my B.
The Cressida is an 88 and had to be tested.
My dads ol' truck was just over 2g to pass lol

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 13:46 Quote
817moto wrote:
downhillbmxican wrote:
817moto wrote:
Ya I kinda knew that guzzling part. Or at least my wallet does. I'm deffinately going to do plugs and wires and look into an exhaust now. I get around what your cousin gets. I'm at stock height on 33" street tires and I get the same mpg as my buddys 07 Silverado that's up 6.5" on 35" tires. I'm almost scared to lift mine and put mudders under it. Why the no go with a chip? Can't you get them for mileage, performance etc? My tranny is auto and fully rebuilt a couple months ago. It had a hack job shift kit in it but it's all stock and crisp again.

Get a quality full exhaust (headers too), make sure the intake can FLOW, and do as suggested here. Even if you don't get a mileage increase it'll make it a lot more fun. Chips help a little bit, buddy has same truck and seems to by better mileage with it on.. And he's a lead foot lol .
Not sure I follow what you mean by FLOW. Are you suggesting flowmaster?
No he means you will probably need an intake manifold that is higher flow than stock.

You should get flowmasters though. LOL.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 13:48 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
recklessness wrote:
stand-easy wrote:

f*ck. you're correct, my B.
The Cressida is an 88 and had to be tested.
My dads ol' truck was just over 2g to pass lol
We put fresh gas in the Cressida and idled it on the trailer for the 20 minute drive there, drove it around the parking lot for another 20 or so, went right in to the crappy tire shop for emissions, and passed with flying colours. LOL. Even the guy testing it didn't think it was going to pass.

PS, we got the oil leaks out of the motor. It's still a boring, stupid car, but at least it holds oil now. LOL.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 13:49 Quote
Shit will get into your Axle and Transfer case that could f*ck shit up. The internals don't like sand, dust, dirt, etc. But It will be no different Then driving regularly for the most part, If you can make covers that bolt on and seal, you should be fine.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 13:57 Quote
the cressida will be more fun if it gets a standard transmission.

Thanks sider, would be awesome fun. Wish I could convert it to 2wd/4hi/4lo on the fly. would pull a bank loan today haha

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 14:00 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
the cressida will be more fun if it gets a standard transmission.
Yeah, hopefully the next owner manual swaps it. LOL. I absolutely hate the thing and plan to sell it the moment my mom is done driving it. I am decidedly not a car guy, and working under that hood made me hate that damn thing (and most Japanese cars). I would trade it for a fresh s10 in a heartbeat.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 14:05 Quote
I thought you were beyond stoked about it? Your gf was getting it which meant you were getting it and making it a slidey car. When did your plan change?

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 14:22 Quote
His plan changed when he drove it. LOL

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 14:25 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
^^This.

I need a truck. I also don't like the car enough to put the time money and effort into making it fun.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 14:30 Quote
I saw a 101% black s10 short box, lowered, with a camaro front clip. was so f*cking rad

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 14:36 Quote
recklessness wrote:
stand-easy wrote:
^^This.

I need a truck. I also don't like the car enough to put the time money and effort into making it fun.

That's exactly what it is with Cressidas, they literally need ever moving part in the drivetrain swapped out in order to make them a fun car.

In other Cressida news, let the air ride games begin. I just ordered a seamless spun aluminum air tank and the bag plates for the front and rear. I already have the strut bags and I believe I have some rear bags laying around somewhere. So that leaves valves, compressors, air line, fittings and switch box and we'll be ready to go. I'm shooting for May long weekend to have it bagged with the skirts on.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 14:38 Quote
My plan goes as follows (and it will take a long time).

-Buy fresh s10
-Drive it into the ground
-Build my up old 350 properly with decent horsepower
-Swap it into s10
-Box, blast and paint frame
-Brakes, suspension, etc.....
-Roast rear tires and drive fast
-Get tired of s10 body and swap on something old as fuck (preferably 50's pickup, but you never know what I'll find)
-Continue roasting rear tires and going fast

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 14:38 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
recklessness wrote:
stand-easy wrote:
^^This.

That's exactly what it is with Cressidas, they literally need ever moving part in the drivetrain swapped out in order to make them a fun car.

In other Cressida news, let the air ride games begin. I just ordered a seamless spun aluminum air tank and the bag plates for the front and rear. I already have the strut bags and I believe I have some rear bags laying around somewhere. So that leaves valves, compressors, air line, fittings and switch box and we'll be ready to go. I'm shooting for May long weekend to have it bagged with the skirts on.
Rad! Please take some pictures. You never photograph anything.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 14:55 Quote
I'm the worst at documenting my work. Generally I think to take some pictures when I'm 2/3 of the way through the project at which point it just seems pointless.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022608
Mobile Version of Website