Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 13:08 Quote
johnny-likes-dh wrote:
817moto wrote:
what part of project car didn't you understand. I found a 68 in michigan complete car just needs resto but is all there with a 318 and a 440 that needs to be rebuilt for 6500. That's te sort of shit I'm looking for. Something 10k +/- and not a flower pot out in someone's field. I can deal with body damage etc. I'm not expecting a Daytona to pop up for 12g's or anything like that. Not sure if you mis understood or something. Once I get one I will never sell it. Been my dream car since F&F #1 came out. I figure they are only going to go up in price now and become harder and harder to find so bite the bullet now and get one while I can.

@johnny I do not want a road runner or any other b body mopar. I want a 68 charger. Like I said this is my midlife crisis car so f*ck it I'll have mine at 19 and be happy forever. I looked on eBay and they are show cars still for. 40k. I don't have that kinda $ I'm looking for a project car that needs a full resto.

I completely understand where you're going from, just thought I'd give some options.
A 68 charger is achievable, as long as it's one with no real options and a small engine like a 318.
Swap in a 440 and life will be good.
There was a 69 for sale on eBay a while back, 318, little options, 7500.
As long as you're not expecting an original, you'll be grand.

Also FYI, the charger in F&F was a '70 Charger.
Ya I know it's a 70 but I kinda like the rear end of the 68. Not so much a fan of the split grill on the 69 but really a b body charger is what I'm after. I have only looked for 68's so far but I'll look for 70's now. I know not to expect something original for what I want to pay haha. What you said about a small engine car n swap a 440 in there is the plan unless it comes with a 440 already hahah. I also have considered shelling out the extra $ for an R/T as I know it will bring much more $ should it have to be sold but at the same time I will (hopefully) never sell it so that doesn't much matter and will be cheaper to build. I need to find some car shows around here while it's still summer because as Ezekiel said old guys have the old cars and word of mouth goes a long way which would be the ideal situation. The hunt continues...

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 13:35 Quote
817moto wrote:
Ya I know it's a 70 but I kinda like the rear end of the 68. Not so much a fan of the split grill on the 69 but really a b body charger is what I'm after. I have only looked for 68's so far but I'll look for 70's now. I know not to expect something original for what I want to pay haha. What you said about a small engine car n swap a 440 in there is the plan unless it comes with a 440 already hahah. I also have considered shelling out the extra $ for an R/T as I know it will bring much more $ should it have to be sold but at the same time I will (hopefully) never sell it so that doesn't much matter and will be cheaper to build. I need to find some car shows around here while it's still summer because as Ezekiel said old guys have the old cars and word of mouth goes a long way which would be the ideal situation. The hunt continues...

68, 69, 70 chargers are gorgeous cars, I love them, always have, I'm actually looking to do the same thing as yourself when I move to the states.

>Get a cheap Charger
>Fix up
>Do Burnouts and love life
>?????
>Profit

Such bad ass cars.

In saying that you could strike it lucky and find one a rare one like an R/T hidden in a barn somewhere and get that for cheap.
That's my dream anyway. lol

If you can get one that is original, numbers matching or anything rare (e.g. a Hemi), I'd buy that, fix it, sell it for good money and buy a cheaper Charger to make into whatever you want it to be.
Daytona rep, General Lee etc

Do you ever watch roadkill?
David Freiburger manage to get a 68 for a set of cylinder heads a few years back and put a 440 from a motor home into it, that was cheap(ish)ly done.

photo
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://stblogs.hotrod.com/files/2014/08/1968-dodge-charger-general-mayhem-roadkill-david-freiburger-623x352.jpg
Utter bad asserry.

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 13:41 Quote
And a blown up transmission lol

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 14:08 Quote
I'm not too worried about it being a numbers car unless it was a 440 car because that's what will be put in it. I need to find one hiding in a barn but can't seem to find any car shows around me to start my search.

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 14:21 Quote
jespinal wrote:
And a blown up transmission lol

Haha, it's fixed now though. So it's all good, like it never even happened. lol

Can't wait for the new episode where the Charger is challenger by Subaru.

What's your predictions for who will win?

817moto wrote:
I'm not too worried about it being a numbers car unless it was a 440 car because that's what will be put in it. I need to find one hiding in a barn but can't seem to find any car shows around me to start my search.

Try FB, loads of buying and selling is done through there then.
I've looked through "Ratty muscle cars buy and sell".

Not many members but it's a start, seen a few Chargers being advertised, also if you join one FB group like that FB tries to find you more groups or pages like it, one of the good things about FB being overbearing. lol

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 15:16 Quote
so uh. got an oil change, 50km MAX later, check the oil for safe measures before i go to leave. Bone dry. AwesomeBlank Stare

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 15:21 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
so uh. got an oil change, 50km MAX later, check the oil for safe measures before i go to leave. Bone dry. AwesomeBlank Stare

I'm starting to see why the car was so cheap. lol

Any idea on why?

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 15:22 Quote
nono, this is a fox body. Frown

Haven't looked at it yet much

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 15:46 Quote
Is is leaving puddles? Or did they just not put oil in it? LOL.

Quite frankly, that's what you get for being a mechanic and having someone else change your oil. If you want it done right, do it yourself.

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 15:49 Quote
817moto wrote:

had you asked this last week id have suggested you make the drive to new hamburg for mopar fest.

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 15:51 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
817moto wrote:

had you asked this last week id have suggested you make the drive to new hamburg for mopar fest.
I skipped that shit. LOL. I was headed up to Kitchener that day too. I would rather work on my Chevy than look at Mopars. No beef with Mopar, just don't care. LOL.

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 15:57 Quote
I go maybe ever 4-5 years at the most cause the cars are generally the same every year so by only going every half decade or so you ether forget the cars you saw or you end up seeig more new ones. I suggested it only cause he is after a 68-70 charger

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 15:59 Quote
No puddles, & Im not a mechanic Razz

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 16:05 Quote
Oil changes are easy shit, and you probably should've checked if it had oil before you left. If it's had no oil for 50km, it's probably f*cked.

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 16:07 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
No puddles, & Im not a mechanic Razz
For some reason I thought you were a diesel mechanic (or apprentice). My bad.

You should still know how to change your oil though. I could train a monkey to do it (and actually replace the oil).

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032323
Mobile Version of Website