Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Sep 16, 2014 at 15:34 Quote
this is true, but im just saying like 90% of newer tj and jk owners will never touch dirt

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2014 at 16:18 Quote
True. I find that Jeep owners that don't actually use them for offroad are douches. The guys that actually offroad them are good people.

Posted: Sep 16, 2014 at 17:01 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Creegz wrote:
Really? I beg to differ. Really shitty 2004 Kia Rio hatchback. Such a finnicky clutch. It would sorta kinda maybe work reliably starting in first, even after being redone twice by Kia.
My 89 Ram350 was BRUTAL it had no feel, between initial engagement and all out was maybe 1/2 inch of pedal movement.
worst clutch I ever used 05 Honda fit. It was an on off switch and had no feel ever. It was so light I swear the weight of my shoe could put it to the floor and it felt floaty on the way up. Such a peice of shit clutch

Posted: Sep 16, 2014 at 17:52 Quote
My dad's Mk3 has the worst clutch I've ever used.

Letting it out slowly and all the sudden the bitch grabs and f*cks off on me. My mk4 has to be the best clutch I've driven.

Crazy car stories ? Losing the ass end of my scoobeedoo at 120 in the winter. 2 highways meet and it's a good fair turn into the main highway, well I hit it at 120 like normal and there was a bit of ice on the ground I guess.

Pulled it off but I was shitting my pants beyond belief.

Posted: Sep 16, 2014 at 18:18 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:
My dad's Mk3 has the worst clutch I've ever used.

Letting it out slowly and all the sudden the bitch grabs and f*cks off on me. My mk4 has to be the best clutch I've driven.

Crazy car stories ? Losing the ass end of my scoobeedoo at 120 in the winter. 2 highways meet and it's a good fair turn into the main highway, well I hit it at 120 like normal and there was a bit of ice on the ground I guess.

Pulled it off but I was shitting my pants beyond belief.
I know the feels. I was taking an exit at 130 ( like a dumb ass) following my group and I got rotation under braking from hitting black ice , snapped on my and my mate behind me said my rear bumper was 2 inches from the jersey barrier damn my heart was beating fast.

Posted: Sep 16, 2014 at 18:48 Quote
Put our jeep on 2 wheels at a red light once lol

Posted: Sep 16, 2014 at 19:17 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
Please explain..

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2014 at 19:21 Quote
Mine has to be when I was driving my dads beater protegay. He told me the insurance was done at the end of the month and to have as much fun as you can with it. So we spray painted it and took it to the local wheeling area's, beat some trucks on the offroad loops, and rolled the f*cker. I then had to drive to algonquin for a school trip and thought f*ck it ill make it there one last time. Driving it up highway 11 at 530 in the morning with a beat to shit roof and no sunroof, she blew up doing 120 and i coasted off the highway, scrapped it, and spent the 300 bucks on two kegs for my buddies who picked me up. Thing was a sick beater and would have lasted longer if I hadnt jumped it multiple times.

Posted: Sep 16, 2014 at 19:35 Quote
Smason wrote:
stand-easy wrote:
Please explain..
Yknow those intersections where there's 2 lanes but one ends shortly after? So therefore everybody races. I raced. It's a pretty substantial left turn. So I put it to the floor and yeah..

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2014 at 19:46 Quote
So I just remembered something. Buddy in my auto class last year had a Dodge 2500, cummins etc. Tree fell and crushed the truck. So he decided to do something with the engine (was on it's last legs too, 600k, rebuilt a few times). He has a Grand Cherokee too. Can probably see what I'm getting at, so yes, he stuck the 24v Cummins into it. Have a picture of a picture he took. It was only in there for a little bit though.

Posted: Sep 16, 2014 at 20:08 Quote
oh and i ended up buying a new sony deck tonight, double din

Posted: Sep 16, 2014 at 20:32 Quote
Sweet! I want to change the stock unit on my rodeo

Posted: Sep 16, 2014 at 20:38 Quote
Ive never swapped one before but i dont really feel like paying 100 bucks for someone else to do it for me lol

Posted: Sep 16, 2014 at 20:39 Quote
It's really simple. I can do it. Just copy what the current deck has basically.

Posted: Sep 16, 2014 at 20:42 Quote
yeah i dont think ill have too much trouble hopefully. Trying to pick up some wheels on the weekend too

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.174301
Mobile Version of Website