Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Sep 30, 2014 at 21:48 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
totally agree on the turbo heating the air... CAI are waste of money on intercooled vehicles tup I run a filter off a transport truck lol fits under the hood and flows wayyy more air then my lil 5.9L engine needs

Meh, depends on the setup. Cooler air entering the turbo would be better, which is why boosting weather is below 70 degrees Fahrenheit, with no humidity. Just dry cold air into the turbo would be great because although it'll compress it and heat it up, it won't heat it up as much as if it were 100 degrees outside. On my car, the stock airbox is a great design and superior to other CAI's out there. I'd consider a short ram using my stock box however.

That said, picked up the brake cylinder brace. Hefty as fuck.

Installing these on Saturday. Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.rzrforums.net/gallery/data/528/medium/IMG_0335.JPG

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 at 21:50 Quote
Post #2.

The design is just amazing on my car. Inlet air runs at 120f from the ram air snorkel, after the maf, it's around 125/128f. Intake manifold runs around 140f, and the intercooler right at 130f. Turbo is at 220f.

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 16:44 Quote
so techincal... I have a filter basically on the inlet of my turbo.

so started working on my heep. its a grand cherokee. gonna be my winter beater. of course its got the leaking water pump issue.

hopeful I can keep it on the cheap

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 17:08 Quote
Give ya 400 bucks for it

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 17:09 Quote
I did the water pump on my bosses, not a big or expencive job.

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 17:55 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
Give ya 400 bucks for it

pssshh I paid more then that to get my door fixed and painted lol.

I need it for a winter beater..... no way am I going back to the tracker LOL

and ya stokman, the water pump was 90$.... I did the one on my cummins it was 250$

forgot how expensive diesels are!

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 18:58 Quote
You got the V8 or i6? Any other plans for it or keeping it simple?

Attempted to port/ polish my throttle body today and I found out I need a longer bit or something to grind down the metal deeper inside, anybody got something that works well that they could shine some light on?

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 20:18 Quote
I wouldn't bother porting a tb. Unless you're capable of making a larger throttle plate, it's going to flow the same.

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 20:25 Quote
Well here's the thing, the old throttle body on the 4.7 grand cherokee had a 65mm plate, the new one used a 68 or something but the body of it all stayed the same and the backside was machined out so the front is still smaller and more restrictive in theory

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 20:26 Quote
Gonna build some traction bars for the cumapart, axle hop isn't terribly fun

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 20:33 Quote
Build caltrac bars.

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 20:46 Quote
Rather have traction bars because visible and cool factor, plus I can build them to bolt on to the u-bolts rather than f*cking with a rear pivot point on the leafs.

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 21:05 Quote
They do look pretty neat when visible! How much HP/TQ do you figure it's making now? A guesstimate.

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 21:15 Quote
On meth I'd say around 340/750 to the wheels. I'm still working on tuning it, it needs more timing and I think my fuel system is holding me back. I will find out next week when I get a fuel pressure gauge.

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 8:34 Quote
Shit, so your making like double the stock HP! Thats sweet!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023634
Mobile Version of Website