Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 15:01 Quote
trozei wrote:
curtalcorn wrote:
trozei wrote:

I'm at the point of buying all this stuff so the more info I know, the better. How do I know what size wastegate to buy?
what are you running for a turbo? 4.9 I'm assuming.
4.9L yes. Turbo is a Garrett GT3076R.
38 mm should work fine for you

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 17:41 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
trozei wrote:
curtalcorn wrote:

what are you running for a turbo? 4.9 I'm assuming.
Okay, thanks, but why is that the size you suggest?

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 17:55 Quote
trozei wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
trozei wrote:

Okay, thanks, but why is that the size you suggest?
yeah, you'll need more info for it.

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 18:59 Quote
Boost creep occurs when the waste gate can't flow enough exhaust gas paste the turbo during fuul boost resulting in shaft speed increasing creating more boost. The 38 mm goal is a fairly standard sized unit, it should be about right for a turbo of that size on that engine. Curt I haven't heard from you in ages what's new dude?

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 19:46 Quote
Not a whole hell of a lot, trying to get my shit in line so I can buy a house. Did calum end up selling the z32 to buy a diesel? I've tried texting him to see if he wanted some stuff I forgot I had kicking around.

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 20:04 Quote
curtalcorn wrote:
Not a whole hell of a lot, trying to get my shit in line so I can buy a house. Did calum end up selling the z32 to buy a diesel? I've tried texting him to see if he wanted some stuff I forgot I had kicking around.
Still has it I think. Haven't been in town much, do you still have my number? We should hangout next time I'm in your hood

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 21:00 Quote
6368? Or next time in in your area, wherever that is. I'm in Calgary more than I am at home.

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 22:06 Quote
curtalcorn wrote:
S13 coupe, riiiight.

Ya I'm buy Sean's 1jz for it haha. Hes putting a 2jz in the lexus. It makes 310 to the wheels and has a top mount with a hx35 so it'll be plenty of power for awhile.

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 22:16 Quote
bamfbmx wrote:
curtalcorn wrote:
S13 coupe, riiiight.

Ya I'm buy Sean's 1jz for it haha. Hes putting a 2jz in the lexus. It makes 310 to the wheels and has a top mount with a hx35 so it'll be plenty of power for awhile.
Hells yeah man, get it done

Posted: Aug 3, 2015 at 3:02 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
jason-zee wrote:
I have a bov on my subparu and its a hybrid system. I have ran it fully open and closed. Open it back fires more and crackles for stated reasons when closed I just notice boost comes back on after a shift .5 seconds sooner. I am 19 so given that I choose open because ricer. I got no cat so I am good there and fresh plugs so also good. Gfb response.... I say no more

Wait... you're running an atmospheric BOV and your'e catless... with no tune?

You're on crack if you think you're good.
you have to remember my car is jdm my ecu is locked or 1300 for a pro tune. I have taken precautions to offset what I have done

Posted: Aug 3, 2015 at 7:16 Quote
curtalcorn wrote:
6368? Or next time in in your area, wherever that is. I'm in Calgary more than I am at home.
Yea that one! Shoot me a text and we can get shot figured out

Posted: Aug 3, 2015 at 9:56 Quote
jason-zee wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
jason-zee wrote:
I have a bov on my subparu and its a hybrid system. I have ran it fully open and closed. Open it back fires more and crackles for stated reasons when closed I just notice boost comes back on after a shift .5 seconds sooner. I am 19 so given that I choose open because ricer. I got no cat so I am good there and fresh plugs so also good. Gfb response.... I say no more

you have to remember my car is jdm my ecu is locked or 1300 for a pro tune. I have taken precautions to offset what I have done

True. What fuel are you running? The JDM ECU is set to run on essentially 94 octane.

Posted: Aug 3, 2015 at 10:00 Quote
EndersShadow wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
jason-zee wrote:

It's seems to me you need a tune if you so much as fart in a turbo subaru.

You should tune ANY turbo car when you remove all the cats and mess with things like air circulation and fuel delivery.

But with a subaru... yes. You take the cats off you tune it. Period. Otherwise it's your own damned fault when it blows.

The EJ20's are stronger than people give them credit for. But even with those...you take the DP cats off I highly recommend a tune. I'm currently running quite a few things on a stock tune but I still have my DP cat. But my car has 254,000 miles on it at this point.

Side note... we had our subaru event this weekend. Right around 500 cars. Went off pretty damned well.

Posted: Aug 3, 2015 at 10:01 Quote

those empty spots where full earlier in the day. We filled the entire lot and pushed in to the next lot over. The video doesn't include the second lot or the really nice evo's that rolled in later.

Posted: Aug 3, 2015 at 10:12 Quote
Amazing!! So many sweet subarus!! Argh maybe if I convince them of selling the rodeo we could get a forester or a Impreza station wagon

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022898
Mobile Version of Website