Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Nov 28, 2015 at 14:28 Quote
I pay out the ass for insurance no point in frauding haha

Posted: Nov 28, 2015 at 14:52 Quote
My buddy just went through all that. Pushed a car into the lake and then reported it stolen. Luckily didn't get any jail time (was a possibility) but he ended up having around 20 thousand in lawyer fee's and a big fine from the city.

Posted: Nov 28, 2015 at 15:30 Quote
Curt the posting was removed before I could look at it lol

Posted: Nov 28, 2015 at 16:46 Quote
Oh. It was the funniest shit ever. $500 '85 subaru wagon.

Posted: Nov 28, 2015 at 16:51 Quote
Apparently insurance fraud happens a lot in the states , dunno the validity of that fact, read it in car & driver or somethin

Posted: Nov 28, 2015 at 17:06 Quote
Tried to actually take the egr shit out of my truck today... Not a fan of tight engine bays. I spent far too much time taking out 2 bolts. Finishing it up tomorrow.

Posted: Nov 28, 2015 at 17:43 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
Apparently insurance fraud happens a lot in the states , dunno the validity of that fact, read it in car & driver or somethin

Lots of people here on Maui don't have insurance so if you get into an accident you have to take them to court most of the time if they don't pay up on spot you won't see them again

Posted: Nov 28, 2015 at 17:53 Quote
Minimum 5000$ charge here for no insurance. Police have cameras that automatically read plates now and send alerts. No insurance won't last long here I don't think

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2015 at 17:59 Quote
Yeah I've got some light
photo

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2015 at 18:09 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
Minimum 5000$ charge here for no insurance. Police have cameras that automatically read plates now and send alerts. No insurance won't last long here I don't think

Cameras? Jesus dude move to a free country. Some laws in Canada are ridiculous.

Posted: Nov 28, 2015 at 18:13 Quote
chrisclifford wrote:
stand-easy wrote:

Cameras? Jesus dude move to a free country. Some laws in Canada are ridiculous.
Mounted on top of cruisers. They only f*ck you if you're doing wrong, no insurance, no licence, warrants etc. All of which I know I'm in the clear for so I think it's a good idea.

Posted: Nov 28, 2015 at 18:25 Quote
curtalcorn wrote:
Oh. It was the funniest shit ever. $500 '85 subaru wagon.

Sean probably would've bought it lmao

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2015 at 18:40 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
Looks good Bryan!

Thanks! I didn't take the picture haha but it was awesome. One eventful night, this was taken at 3am. Had a pallet fire, was going to the top of a mountain, but couldn't make it for multiple reasons. Nothing to do with my Jeep haha. 2nd gen Dodge Cummins, Ford 7.3, and a Subaru wagon and my Jeep of course. The Dodge and Ford were drifting from ditch to ditch the whole way up, like across bridges, almost tapping dirt cliff sort of idea things. Crazy. Then they get to a really really icy hill. Dodge blows the front driveshaft when he goes in 4wd, starts sliding back, jams a pallet under the wheel to stop it. Ford goes in the ditch too at the bottom of the hill. So I come around the corner (I was lagging behind to use my lightbar haha), see the Ford, so I stop. His 4wd wasn't working, his chains wouldn't go on. Ended up pushing him sideways out, and he slid down the hill backwards, trying to control it and put it backwards almost into the ditch again. He ended up making it out alright, knows how to handle the truck too. Then had to go up and help the Dodge by pushing him to turn him around. We ended up pushing the front end around while he was slamming through gears haha. Gets facing downhill and slides sideways, then he just starts powering out (downhill, icy as f*ck, with a cliff blocked by a slight pile of dirt to stop him... sort of), he ends up just drifting the whole f*cking thing pretty much, just givin' er and turning, only way he could control it enough. The ass end pretty well in the side, just trying to control it (He knows how to handle this fullsize super good, ext. cab longbox). Subaru made it up with no issues he just aired down the front tires a bit just to be safe, my Jeep had no issues. I could stop on the hill and start again in 4lo without even spinning haha. We just ended up having a pallet fire, I was just rallying my Jeep around drifting, got it full lock in 2wd haha almost put it in the cabbage. Guy there is an amazing photographer, his pictures get featured on big pages and all that. (Mark II on Facebook, Mark II Media on Insta, check him out). But yeah, it was an eventful night, got home at 4am, then today went out and got to the top of the mountain with no issues.
Also, found a dead buck, ripped apart by likely wolves just down the road from where we were having the fire. Someone killed it an cut the antlers, and left it, then wolves demolished the thing. Head was in the middle of the road, ribcage in a different part, and legs and bones spread out some too. f*cked up.

Posted: Nov 28, 2015 at 19:19 Quote
haro-rider-13 wrote:
My buddy just went through all that. Pushed a car into the lake and then reported it stolen. Luckily didn't get any jail time (was a possibility) but he ended up having around 20 thousand in lawyer fee's and a big fine from the city.
Then he wasn't very smart about it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020475
Mobile Version of Website