Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 21:07 Quote
Having great lights never helped me from hitting deer... They always jump out last minute before I can brake.

I think in my older diesel between my sub and the Diesel engine they hear me coming. Only hit deer in newer silent vehicles. Almost like they didn't hear them. That's my theory anyways!

Edit. That's what badass bumpers are for.... Unless it's a buck

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 21:12 Quote
Luckily I haven't had one jump out at a bad enough time that I've hit it, I just see the white ass end of them running and darting from side to side in the distance haha. They can be so unpredictable. I've had a few close calls though with them starting to cross the road right as I'm passing. A bit after I started driving my Jeep I nearly nailed a huge buck that was crossing the road. Had stock XJ headlights at the time, which are unbelievably shitty. I would love to get a nice bumper, but that's yet another thing that I can't afford...

Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 21:19 Quote
bryandickson wrote:
Luckily I haven't had one jump out at a bad enough time that I've hit it, I just see the white ass end of them running and darting from side to side in the distance haha. They can be so unpredictable. I've had a few close calls though with them starting to cross the road right as I'm passing. A bit after I started driving my Jeep I nearly nailed a huge buck that was crossing the road. Had stock XJ headlights at the time, which are unbelievably shitty. I would love to get a nice bumper, but that's yet another thing that I can't afford...

Hey I hear ya, once your as old as me you will be able to start affording some nice things. So long as you pursue a good job and stay clear of drugs. Plus all that money you would be spending on greens goes to jeep funds!

Honestly, building a bumper out of cardboard then making it piece by piece isn't impossibru. Aren't you going to school for welding? Be a good project for ya, and you potentially have the skills and equipment ( at school ). To weld aluminum!!

The one thing about my bumper I hate, with the winch the front has got to weigh 300lbs.

Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 21:26 Quote
I just about nailed a damn deert doing 145 about ten minutes ago. f*cking stupid animals those things are.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 21:33 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
bryandickson wrote:

Hey I hear ya, once your as old as me you will be able to start affording some nice things. So long as you pursue a good job and stay clear of drugs. Plus all that money you would be spending on greens goes to jeep funds!

Honestly, building a bumper out of cardboard then making it piece by piece isn't impossibru. Aren't you going to school for welding? Be a good project for ya, and you potentially have the skills and equipment ( at school ). To weld aluminum!!

The one thing about my bumper I hate, with the winch the front has got to weigh 300lbs.

Yeah I'm in welding! But I have to use my shop time as wisely as I can, don't have time for projects. I'm hoping to get into a fab shop, so building a bumper and all that would be no problem. So all the armor like bumpers, rock sliders, all is going to wait. I have a shop to check out in town that builds a lot of marine stuff like radar arches, boat railings, all that sort of thing. So a lot of TIG welding. Told him to come see him after I'm done school! No guarantees but it's a start!
For now, front locker and axle u-joints, steering upgrade (tie rod/drag link), front diff cover armor are my top upgrades I'd say. Likely have to pull the trans this spring though. There's a leak somewhere in there, slave cylinder maybe. But going to do the clutch, throwout bearing, all that good stuff while it's out. May as well do it.

Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 21:44 Quote
I'm having a hell of a time with trying to decide what I want to do with my truck. Either go full retard with a 6.0 with a cam/intake/ls3 heads, or do ported stock heads or ls6 heads/cam/intake on the 5.3, maggy tvs2300/cam, or just keep it as cam/3000 flash converter/headers like I initially wanted. Obviously a 6.0 with heads/cam/blower would be awesome, but that's out of the picture for funds.

Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 21:45 Quote
You might wanna up the rock sliders on your list! Shits important offroad.

Was actually the first thing I put on my cummins lol, but have since cut em off since they were in the way of my long arm brackets. Haven't made new ones yet. Mostly due to not having anywhere to build them. And my dad being very grumpy about me being in his shop at all... Which sux I dunno what his problem is. It's like he's hating on my truck and bikes. When he used to ride dirtbikes and used to have a 12v. ( broken trans been sitting for more then a few months)

Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 21:46 Quote
curtalcorn wrote:
I'm having a hell of a time with trying to decide what I want to do with my truck. Either go full retard with a 6.0 with a cam/intake/ls3 heads, or do ported stock heads or ls6 heads/cam/intake on the 5.3, maggy tvs2300/cam, or just keep it as cam/3000 flash converter/headers like I initially wanted. Obviously a 6.0 with heads/cam/blower would be awesome, but that's out of the picture for funds.

None of that means anything to me.

I say diesel swap, cuz diesel life.

Razz

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 21:58 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
You might wanna up the rock sliders on your list! Shits important offroad.

Was actually the first thing I put on my cummins lol, but have since cut em off since they were in the way of my long arm brackets. Haven't made new ones yet. Mostly due to not having anywhere to build them. And my dad being very grumpy about me being in his shop at all... Which sux I dunno what his problem is. It's like he's hating on my truck and bikes. When he used to ride dirtbikes and used to have a 12v. ( broken trans been sitting for more then a few months)

I lied about rock sliders, I'm hoping to make those sooner haha. At my dads work possibly. But idk when that could happen really. But I'm hoping to make some sooner yes.

Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 22:07 Quote
Haha.

I need to make a set too.

Add to my never ending list

Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 23:50 Quote
curtalcorn wrote:
Buy an L76 and we can be twins.
Best gas motor ever put in a Silverado if ya ask me.

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 0:10 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
curtalcorn wrote:
"L18"

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 3:39 Quote
Big blocks are for chumps

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 6:27 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
curtalcorn wrote:
too much of a f*ck around for my interest lol

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 7:54 Quote
Okay so intake cam and heads it is

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032199
Mobile Version of Website