PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 15:41 Quote
Bored out and twin turbo'd yo. Lololol

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 16:21 Quote
al9595 wrote:
curtalcorn wrote:
curtalcorn wrote:

ha..... hahahahagagahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha f*cking pleb.
no here's what you're thinking of.

Wow that was a ways back. Kudos for the find. I also was how would I say I guess, talking out my ass of sorts, I do admit that, but I knew I had heard about rb26dett before and I got the vq35 mixed with the vg30dett (z32 300zx)
I just found that picture today and I was like "hm maybe I'm less of an idiot than I thought" but looking at that post, nevermind.
I have a stupid good memory.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 16:25 Quote
curtalcorn wrote:
al9595 wrote:
curtalcorn wrote:

no here's what you're thinking of.

Wow that was a ways back. Kudos for the find. I also was how would I say I guess, talking out my ass of sorts, I do admit that, but I knew I had heard about rb26dett before and I got the vq35 mixed with the vg30dett (z32 300zx)
I just found that picture today and I was like "hm maybe I'm less of an idiot than I thought" but looking at that post, nevermind.
I have a stupid good memory.

I can't even remember the post at the top of the page let alone one way back where ever the f*ck that one was lol

Damn my 33s rub like a bitch. Need to get that sorted out hahah it's terrible. They look good though Rolleyes

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 17:16 Quote
it'll clearance itself. At least that's what I'm hoping mine will do lol just inner fenders so who cares haha

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 17:20 Quote
bordom wrote:
it'll clearance itself. At least that's what I'm hoping mine will do lol just inner fenders so who cares haha

I don't think this part will lol, its already hammered in hahaha I'm just going to take a mini sledge to it again and pound that shit in. I think my drivers side rear lower quarter is filled with water...after cutting into the fenders it's had a constant drip lol. Eventually just going to chop them and wrap a bumper around once I have a welder.

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 17:30 Quote
bryandickson wrote:
bordom wrote:

I don't think this part will lol, its already hammered in hahaha I'm just going to take a mini sledge to it again and pound that shit in. I think my drivers side rear lower quarter is filled with water...after cutting into the fenders it's had a constant drip lol. Eventually just going to chop them and wrap a bumper around once I have a welder.
little bit of percussive customization never hurt, much. I'm lucky, my truck will clear 35s with a level. But it is also enormous.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 17:43 Quote
bordom wrote:
bryandickson wrote:
bordom wrote:

little bit of percussive customization never hurt, much. I'm lucky, my truck will clear 35s with a level. But it is also enormous.

Yeah gotta do what I gotta do. I keep finding more rust and it sucks, like my floors are getting worse, and my rear lower quarters I just need to cut and fold. They aren't really that bad but they will get rusty, there's no question. That would eliminate the spot I rub on too. But again, that'll come with welder.

Yeah the Fords and Dodges fit 35s with a level, it's nice. My buddys Chevy on 35s and 6" lift rubs at times...My XJ rubbed bad with 31s lol

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 18:00 Quote
bryandickson wrote:
bordom wrote:
bryandickson wrote:

Yeah gotta do what I gotta do. I keep finding more rust and it sucks, like my floors are getting worse, and my rear lower quarters I just need to cut and fold. They aren't really that bad but they will get rusty, there's no question. That would eliminate the spot I rub on too. But again, that'll come with welder.

Yeah the Fords and Dodges fit 35s with a level, it's nice. My buddys Chevy on 35s and 6" lift rubs at times...My XJ rubbed bad with 31s lol
At least yours is old enough where the rust makes sense. My truck is 8 years old and the fenders are rusting under where there were chrome strips. Should really fix that. All the floors I've helped fix have been pretty easy hopefully yours are too haha.

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 18:00 Quote
Dude, spend $80 on a quart of por15 and never worry about that shit again.

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 18:01 Quote
Don't you guys own cutoff wheels. Or like a sawzall atleast .

Lmao.

I could never cut my fender... It's so pristine and rust free.

My biggest clearance issue is my shock tower and my compound turbo piping haha

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 18:04 Quote
Thepureface wrote:

Lmao.

how do you have clean second gen fenders in Ontario? You must be some kind of magician.

or you actually take care of your truck

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 18:05 Quote
do you guys mag chloride your roads up north

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 18:09 Quote
bordom wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

Lmao.

how do you have clean second gen fenders in Ontario? You must be some kind of magician.

When I got the truck 7 years ago I had all new fenders and a ton of body work done.

Then I don't drive it in the winter, plus I'm sure you know big. Trucks kinda suck in the snow it's like driving a curling stone.

Then I wash it a lot lol, body work cost too much to let it get rusty!

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 18:20 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
bordom wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

Lmao.

When I got the truck 7 years ago I had all new fenders and a ton of body work done.

Then I don't drive it in the winter, plus I'm sure you know big. Trucks kinda suck in the snow it's like driving a curling stone.

Then I wash it a lot lol, body work cost too much to let it get rusty!
lol, yeah both my vehicles make for a pretty terrible winter vehicle. In southwest BC we just get rain so I'll be good until I go sledding or to my parents cabin. Gonna pick up a set of chains and probably make some ghetto flares and call it good.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 18:35 Quote
curtalcorn wrote:
Dude, spend $80 on a quart of por15 and never worry about that shit again.

Yeah he should do that. It's too late for me lol. Until I fix it. Have a big rust hole on my back passenger floor board. Eventually I'm going to rip the carpet and everything out and just fix every bit of rust in there, then bedline inside and undercoat the bottom with POR15 like you said.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022133
Mobile Version of Website