Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 14:06 Quote
Anyone here have any experience with the Renault Megane RS? One has piqued my interest.

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 20:26 Quote
Most of us have no idea what those are haha

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 20:33 Quote
fezznut wrote:
Anyone here have any experience with the Renault Megane RS? One has piqued my interest.
Those don't exist in North America... they are fun around the ring

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 20:48 Quote
fezznut wrote:
What year?

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 20:59 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://motoring.li.csnstatic.com/motoring/general/editorial/160218_Renault_Megane_RS_275_05.jpg?width=1024
photo

They look cool, sorta like if a Honda CRZ and Hyundai veloster had a child
photo

+
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2012/02/02-2012-hyundai-veloster-review.jpg

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 21:37 Quote
Not really automotive related but we had a final drive die at work and this is what was inside. lol
photo

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 22:05 Quote
Finally started ripping my heads apart. Going to practice on my 317's before touching my 243's. Its like $60 to flow test them, so do that and see if I'm doing more harm than good before touching the ones that are worth money. Gotta ask my cousin if I can trade some work for using some of the machines so I can mill my heads 0.020 to bump compression up to 11.5:1 ish, and then bore my block and grind valves and all that shit. Budget is probably going to sink like a rock but #yolo.

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 23:23 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
fezznut wrote:
Ahhh I thought that may be the case. It's a 2004. 2l twinscroll turbo, 225bhp. Factory brembos, full recaro interior and all that. Seems like a lot of car for the money, I was wondering if any one knew of any problems.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 0:10 Quote
fezznut wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
fezznut wrote:
Ahhh I thought that may be the case. It's a 2004. 2l twinscroll turbo, 225bhp. Factory brembos, full recaro interior and all that. Seems like a lot of car for the money, I was wondering if any one knew of any problems.
Shouldn't have any issues with an '04. The only real problem is just the usual for Euro cars in NZ... If something DOES go wrong its usually big $$'s to fix.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 0:48 Quote
Skootur wrote:
fezznut wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

Shouldn't have any issues with an '04. The only real problem is just the usual for Euro cars in NZ... If something DOES go wrong its usually big $$'s to fix.
It only if they're not maintained properly. Full service history, regular oil changes and all that.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 6:39 Quote
It's a renault it's shit

On paper sounds good but those cars need to be looked after like a retarded kid with an atraction to stuick forks in plugs

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 10:06 Quote
jespinal wrote:
It's a renault it's shit

On paper sounds good but those cars need to be looked after like a retarded kid with an atraction to stick forks in plugs
As do most European cars. If you do look after them, they go for ages though. Nice analogy too. lol

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 11:15 Quote
jespinal wrote:
It's a renault it's shit

On paper sounds good but those cars need to be looked after like a retarded kid with an atraction to stuick forks in plugs
Don't tell me where I can and can't put my fork.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 14:42 Quote
What's the typical going price of a poo40 trans?

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 16:09 Quote
bordom wrote:
What's the typical going price of a poo40 trans?
A crisp 20 and an over the pants handy

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.034700
Mobile Version of Website