Supplements to promote faster skin healing?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Supplements to promote faster skin healing?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 1, 2012 at 8:26 Quote
for some reason it always seem to take a long time for scrapes/roadrash type abrasions on me to heal. sometimes a week or more just to get it to close up and scab. And a few times i had the beginnings of an infection after i had thought i cleaned it decent enough.

just wondering if theres vitamins or supplements that would help with that, i dont consider myself to really eat that a good diet so maybe its nutrition related?

Posted: Aug 1, 2012 at 17:20 Quote
Zinc, Vitamin C can help but there's loads of other stuff available I'm not vouching personally for it but read this http://www.naturalnews.com/021797.html
and
http://www.squidoo.com/supplements-scar-tissue-healing and avoid processed and junk food. Taking longer to heal suggests a nutrient deficiency.

Posted: Aug 9, 2012 at 0:12 Quote
Could be infected?

Polysporin helps to keep germs out of the area and promote quick healing and works well for me

Posted: Aug 10, 2012 at 4:19 Quote
Ti tree/ Tea Tree oil can be good. Smells nice too...+1 on the Polysporin. I also use isopropyl alcohol swabs to nuke any infection when a wound is fresh and to keep it dry...

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 at 5:27 Quote
The key to quick healing is keeping the wound area moist.

A must to use is " Tegaderm "

It is a transparent medical dressing. Apply ample amounts of triple antibiotic polysporin and then cover it with
the tegaderm sheet.

Consult your local pharmacist and they will be able to assist you with it.

My road rash/skin scrapes heal incredibly quick.

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 at 6:59 Quote
but then theres the controversy of covering vs letting it dry. keeping it moist some people say can be bad cus it risk infection more (dark, moist place for it to grow. though yes, technically you would be keeping it protected with the polysporin or whatev) and keeping it dry, you allow it to scab over and heal like that, though its supposed to cause more scarring?

i had a small scrape on my knee that was about the size of my thumbnail, and it took a week to scab over, and that was with letting it dry up uncovered for most of the time.

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 7:33 Quote
You have to clean the wounded area very well first, that stop the infection.

Also, you're changing the tegaderm daily which allows you to visually see it everyday.

I have had great success with it and no scaring.

And keep up to date with your tetanus shots.......lol

Posted: Dec 17, 2012 at 20:22 Quote
First up see a dr to make sure you don't have a genetic disorder or are lacking something significant. if it is just one wound and not recurring it could be infected or you are not looking after it properly, you need to keep it clean and cover it up, let it breath once a day in clean air while at home then cover it up.

Posted: Jan 8, 2013 at 15:58 Quote
I am a big believer in silver sulfadiazine

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 5:27 Quote
I know a great product called WoundVite by ZenNutrients, it helps speed up the healing process as well as reduce scars.

It has:

Bromelain
L-Arginine
L-Glutamine
Chlorella
Grape Seed Extract

and other vitamins. Smile

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 3:51 Quote
Vitamin E liquid does well. I will also say that is my glucose levels are off it will take me longer to heal...

Posted: Sep 23, 2018 at 9:48 Quote
For road rash that seems to take forever to scab up, I use New-Skin liquid bandage. It sprays on via a small aerosol type can and dries like a clear coat. It was recommended to me this summer when I had a nasty abrasion from the middle of my forearm to my elbow. You can get this stuff at any WalMart/Walgreens/CVS. When you first spay it on it does feel like liquid fire for 10 seconds though.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013500
Mobile Version of Website