Rate My Ride V2 [Read 1st Post]

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Rate My Ride V2 [Read 1st Post]
Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 14:34 Quote
Kieran-Young wrote:
People who are left foot forward have it so easy honestly, nearly every complete has RHD, every discount wheel is usually RHD..
Is that good or bad? My mate is left foot forward but grinds with his right side

Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 15:30 Quote
GrunderS wrote:
Kieran-Young wrote:
People who are left foot forward have it so easy honestly, nearly every complete has RHD, every discount wheel is usually RHD..
Is that good or bad? My mate is left foot forward but grinds with his right side
we call that "fu*k footed" where I live haha. You can do a bunch of cool ass tricks that way though. Topside toboggans, downside whips, those cool ass turndown 3's that you kinda stop the rotation with t-down clickage. I assume learning feeble to easy spin would be much easier since most LFF riders spin right.

Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 19:20 Quote
Thats called a lookback, imo its easier to lookback 180 than straight oppo 180.

Then again im a kook, I 1 foot table air easier than oppo air.

Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 21:17 Quote
RGonz wrote:
GrunderS wrote:
Kieran-Young wrote:
we call that "fu*k footed" where I live haha. You can do a bunch of cool ass tricks that way though. Topside toboggans, downside whips, those cool ass turndown 3's that you kinda stop the rotation with t-down clickage. I assume learning feeble to easy spin would be much easier since most LFF riders spin right.
My mate Nathan is left foot but does everything opposite like airs, spins and tbogs. I've tried whips on a tramp bike(they're actually quite fun to f*ck around on) and I find opposite whips easier than reg whips. But yeah, people who are f*ck footed can usually do the most stuff, makes it a lot easier for stuff since they don't really have an opposite theoretically.

Posted: Nov 25, 2014 at 4:59 Quote
RGonz wrote:
I don't run rhd with right side pegs. Unless you have a bash guard or a sprocket with a guard built in, it's way too vulnerable for grinds. All it takes is a good chunky ledge to peel a chain link from the pin, or worse end up with a tight spot until you replace a sprocket. I just think it's better to go lhd with right pegs (rhd with left pegs).
I do drive side pedal slides, crank arms, Derek dusters and loads of other shit with no guards what so ever, buy a decent chain and sprocket and you'll be fine.

Posted: Nov 25, 2014 at 6:57 Quote
monkeymanbmx wrote:
monkeymanbmx wrote:
federal chiller
  federal chiller

my federal chiller
Federal chiller frame
Odyssey race forks
Subrosa bars? I forget which ones
Fit benny l stem
Primo rear wheel
Mankind front wheel
Primo wall tyres front and rear
Odyssey twombolts
Bsd seat
Edwin grips
Lino g 4.5 pegs

majestic/10

Posted: Nov 25, 2014 at 7:14 Quote
harry-h wrote:
RGonz wrote:
I don't run rhd with right side pegs. Unless you have a bash guard or a sprocket with a guard built in, it's way too vulnerable for grinds. All it takes is a good chunky ledge to peel a chain link from the pin, or worse end up with a tight spot until you replace a sprocket. I just think it's better to go lhd with right pegs (rhd with left pegs).
I do drive side pedal slides, crank arms, Derek dusters and loads of other shit with no guards what so ever, buy a decent chain and sprocket and you'll be fine.
Yeah but you're a wizard man.

Jokes haha, feel like starting a discussion so what's everyone's setup like? I'm riding a Lacey with 4 pegs, cassette and 8.25 bars, will have a TL stem and slim seat soon.

Posted: Nov 25, 2014 at 7:23 Quote
Rollin on a MTNY Loosefer 21.25 with 9"x29" bars, slick tires, pegs x3, metal pedals, and a mid seat. And a 30/9 gear ratio. I'm thinking of getting a frame with a little tighter geo. Maybe go down to a 21.0 top tube and steeper HT angle. I'm only 5' 6" so it's a pretty big bike for me, but I handle her Wink

Posted: Nov 25, 2014 at 7:37 Quote
21.25 federal Bruno v3
11x28.5 s&m elevenz
S&m TL
Mid seat about 3+inch from slammed
Metal oddy pedals (with destroyed bearings in one)
30-9 .
Slick tyres @ max psi
2 pegs , 2 guards .

Posted: Nov 25, 2014 at 8:43 Quote
RGonz wrote:
Rollin on a MTNY Loosefer 21.25 with 9"x29" bars, slick tires, pegs x3, metal pedals, and a mid seat. And a 30/9 gear ratio. I'm thinking of getting a frame with a little tighter geo. Maybe go down to a 21.0 top tube and steeper HT angle. I'm only 5' 6" so it's a pretty big bike for me, but I handle her Wink
This sounds like it would be so nice to ride

Posted: Nov 25, 2014 at 9:12 Quote
streetrider709 wrote:
RGonz wrote:
This sounds like it would be so nice to ride
it iiiis, it's just a little cumbersome for me on small street stuff, like grinds to mannys or manny 180's. It also spins SUUUPER SLOOOW

Posted: Nov 25, 2014 at 10:27 Quote
Skavenger Bride 21.15, Frontload, 20mm of spacers, 8.75 x 27" bars, 2.25 Tyres, Coaster, 4 Plastic Pegs, and a 23/9 gearing. Prime for jibbing. Going to a cassette soon if I can't pick up another coaster cheap enough and might lose a peg or two.

Posted: Nov 25, 2014 at 10:37 Quote
Eastern reaper 20.5(soon to be a united rigal) , Frontload, 8.25 x 28" bars(soon to be either 8.75 or 9"), 2.3 tyres, cassette, 2 pegs and 25/9 gearing

Posted: Nov 25, 2014 at 10:43 Quote
Federal chiller 21", 8.75 bars, Tl stem, fat seat and 3 pegs. Trendy as f*ck

Posted: Nov 25, 2014 at 13:15 Quote
Credence CCR 21" tt, 9x28" bars, rear brake, 2.1 rear 2.25 front tyres at 70psi, path rear and faf dirt front, 48mm top load stem, metal pedals, 36/12 ratio, elite hubs

Built for roasting Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016190
Mobile Version of Website