Rate My Ride V2 [Read 1st Post]

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Rate My Ride V2 [Read 1st Post]
Posted: Sep 27, 2015 at 9:45 Quote
Probs why it's gunna be discontinued. I still stand behind there products. There next coaster should be insane.

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 at 10:33 Quote
Man you totally can kickflip coasters just gotta keep it greased well and dialled

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 at 10:49 Quote
bluntosaurusrex wrote:
Man you totally can kickflip coasters just gotta keep it greased well and dialled
You can. You're right. I used to. It's just not as good feeling.

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 at 12:51 Quote
harry-h wrote:
pawl design coasters are straight up worse for everything else though. one of the locals has gone through 15 pawls on his blind...
I know they have had their issues but I only ever had issues with the original springs. Since then my hub has been amazing. I much prefer the solid engagement of a pawl system then the kind of squishy engagement of the clutch style hubs.

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 at 12:57 Quote
If you engage when going backwards you don't risk terminal damage to the internals though...

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 at 13:37 Quote
harry-h wrote:
If you engage when going backwards you don't risk terminal damage to the internals though...

I'm just giving my opinion on the hub, it's my preference over the clutch style. Engaging hard going backwards on any type of freecoaster probably isn't good for them though.

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 at 20:59 Quote
Personally I feel the kickflip was a kitschy trick invented in the 80s so that bmx could also have a trick called a kickflip since it was cool in skateboarding. The bmx kickflip should've stayed in the 80s and the nac nac should've lived on. But that is my opinion that no one asked for.

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 at 21:18 Quote
Whats a kickflip on a bike?

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 at 23:19 Quote
ZacWilliams wrote:
Whats a kickflip on a bike?

Crank flip

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 at 7:41 Quote
I love kickflips, great trick

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 at 8:05 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
Personally I feel the kickflip was a kitschy trick invented in the 80s so that bmx could also have a trick called a kickflip since it was cool in skateboarding. The bmx kickflip should've stayed in the 80s and the nac nac should've lived on. But that is my opinion that no one asked for.
You of all people? This is upsetting.

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 at 8:14 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:

I`d say 78 79,before endos.

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 at 8:23 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
Urbaniste wrote:
You of all people? This is upsetting.

Here's the thing though, back in the 80s and to some extent today, skate was always more groundbreaking, hipper and cooler in all aspects and back then bmxers were struggling for acceptance so they were always trying to appropriate the cooler aspects of skate. The bmx scene was kind of seen as trying to ride the coat tails of skate, like a younger brother copying their cool older brother but never being quite as successful at it, never realizing that all they had to do was be themselves and follow their real talent.

I'm not saying it's not a legitimate or difficult trick, especially the way it's being used today, I'm just saying that's where I feel like it came from, and that's why I'll never really like it. Young guys don't have to feel like that, they weren't there, but I was and never liked when bmx tried to compete with skate.

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 at 22:08 Quote
Can somebodybexplain a bmx kick flip sil vous plait

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 at 23:35 Quote
Hop and kick the cranks around.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021555
Mobile Version of Website