2013 Giant Glory

PB Forum :: Giant
2013 Giant Glory
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 26, 2012 at 16:11 Quote
Thought I would start the thread on the 2013 Giant Glory.

I just rode a 2013 medium Glory at a local shop in SO Cal (Fullerton Bikes)

I own 2012 medium Glory

The longer wheelbase, bb, and longer TT def makes this ride ride lower with less of an active feel to the steering. I just did a street ride and a few curb jumps. The cockpit is noticably roomier and the steering does feel slower.

Can't wait to ride one on the dirt soon.
G is for Glory - Glory fans meet the 2013 Giant Glory- Slacker longer and lower for this DH beast. Rode this puppy at the parking lot of Fullerton Bikes Could def see the ponger wheel base and longer TT making a diffrence hit up Mike Franze if you need one of these bad boys

Posted: Aug 26, 2012 at 22:40 Quote
Some kid from Livermore with a couple buddies pulled up to a BBQ joint here in town and I noticed his Glory in the back of the truck... it was a 2013 Glory 0 sharp looking ride! I got to sit on it and damn it feels a lot better Smile Yes I want that blue one the (2) Model. SEXY. Shop said they are ready for purchase this week. Yahoo.

Posted: Nov 7, 2012 at 10:07 Quote
My 2013 Glory frame S will arrive in the beginning of December Smile
I am going to transplant all the parts from current bike except FSA Option headset, which will be no longer needed, which are/will be:
2012 Fox 36 Float 180 Kashima
Fox RC4 with Ti spring which is going to be replaced with CC DBair, I hope Smile
Hope/DT/Dartmoor Raider wheels, which I plan to upgrade with WTB i23 hoops and Sapim CX Ray spokes
Sram X7 rear mech and shifter, which I want to replace with Zee components
Shimano XT finned brakes with IceTech rotors
Shimano Saint crankset w/ LG1+ device, XTR Trail pedals
Thomson seatpost, Pro stem, Easton Havoc CF h-bar
Maxxis Minion 3C Exo tires etc.
Complete build should be around 14,2-14,3kg (31,3-31,5lbs) Smile

Posted: Nov 7, 2012 at 13:23 Quote
I just sold my 2012 Med Glory frame, Ordered a large 2013 for deliver Dec-Jan

FL
Posted: Nov 16, 2012 at 18:13 Quote
frango wrote:
My 2013 Glory frame S will arrive in the beginning of December Smile
I am going to transplant all the parts from current bike except FSA Option headset, which will be no longer needed, which are/will be:
2012 Fox 36 Float 180 Kashima
Fox RC4 with Ti spring which is going to be replaced with CC DBair, I hope Smile
Hope/DT/Dartmoor Raider wheels, which I plan to upgrade with WTB i23 hoops and Sapim CX Ray spokes
Sram X7 rear mech and shifter, which I want to replace with Zee components
Shimano XT finned brakes with IceTech rotors
Shimano Saint crankset w/ LG1+ device, XTR Trail pedals
Thomson seatpost, Pro stem, Easton Havoc CF h-bar
Maxxis Minion 3C Exo tires etc.
Complete build should be around 14,2-14,3kg (31,3-31,5lbs) Smile

are u sure about that weight? i think it's very little weight. so with cc air and S size....maybe

i have my new glory 2013...123,5cm of base wheel

lol

photos coming soon

FL
Posted: Nov 24, 2012 at 12:59 Quote
now the photos:

photo

photo

photo

visit my profile to see my's 2010, 2011, and 2013 glorys,jeje

Posted: Nov 26, 2012 at 9:50 Quote
TIZZASPAIN wrote:
are u sure about that weight? i think it's very little weight. so with cc air and S size....maybe

Yes, I am. And yes, that estimated/calculated weight with CC BDair and new wheels. And yes, again, size S Smile
However, I did not take possible frame weight change (longer TT, etc) into consideration.
But, as my frame is just around the corner and I should get it within 10 days I will be able to post a pic od the frame on scale.

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2012 at 10:51 Quote
Put the fox/saint pack on the 2013 frame, still have to reroute the cable but gonna be a rocket!

new frame old parts

Posted: Nov 28, 2012 at 11:45 Quote
muito bom Smile

Have you got a chance to weigh the frame?
Just get rid of these green grips ;P

Posted: Nov 29, 2012 at 0:56 Quote
Thx!
What size is it?
Did you weigh it with axle, replaceable der hanger and pre-pressed angleset cups?

Oh, BTW, the bike is pimped out now Smile

It's a shame, mine will look like a x-mas tree Big Grin

Posted: Nov 29, 2012 at 19:21 Quote
Ive been riding my 2013 Glory for just over 2 months now. Way nicer than the old geo.

Swapped out the rockshox for 2013 Fox and the X0 carbon cranks for Saint and renthal bars (not pictured)

Custom 2013 Glory 0

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015229
Mobile Version of Website