2013 Giant Glory

PB Forum :: Giant
2013 Giant Glory
Posted: Feb 26, 2014 at 14:17 Quote
It should be a m/m tune. Look for a little red and blue sticker.

Posted: Feb 26, 2014 at 16:10 Quote
jal45 wrote:
sam-rodda wrote:
I miss-read that and thought he said the top shock bolt, that's the one I have bent. The one that bolts the shock on at the top.

Yep thats the one I meant, real pain getting a new one so far....

btw are you the guy who bust his nuts doing a nac nac? Eek

tup

In case you missed it:

Views: 3,582    Faves: 18    Comments: 11

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2014 at 5:06 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
there are different tunes for the vivid dampers be sure you have the correct one for your bike.

It came with the frame!

Posted: Feb 27, 2014 at 8:51 Quote
justinalance wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
there are different tunes for the vivid dampers be sure you have the correct one for your bike.

It came with the frame!

I'm the real nut crasher Big Grin After the DH Uraban race in best trick contest
Impact Frame

Closer shot
Views: 3,890    Faves: 18    Comments: 8

In big scene
Views: 1,547    Faves: 4    Comments: 12

Track Preview going down for the first time
Views: 1,038    Faves: 8    Comments: 7

I'm the second guy in the video

Posted: Mar 8, 2014 at 10:15 Quote
I've had my glory for two months and the du bushing is already going out.what's up with that?

Posted: Mar 8, 2014 at 16:07 Quote
gtreesong wrote:
I've had my glory for two months and the du bushing is already going out.what's up with that?
it's a fairly high angle pivot so bushings are gonna go relatively quickly, although two months does seem a bit quick. I'd suggest upgrading to a needle bearing.

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 at 22:33 Quote
Can the Glory be used for freeride, is it any fun, or is it too slack? It seems ultra fast and stable, but less fun and playful. Not a bad thing, im just wondering. As a giant fan boy, there is no other option for DH freeride besides the Glory.

Watching Kurt Sorge, the Glory definitely changed his style. It seems like he cant get 360s down as well as he could on his old Faith, but he can throw a huge superman seatgrab better.

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 6:28 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
Can the Glory be used for freeride, is it any fun, or is it too slack? It seems ultra fast and stable, but less fun and playful. Not a bad thing, im just wondering. As a giant fan boy, there is no other option for DH freeride besides the Glory.

Watching Kurt Sorge, the Glory definitely changed his style. It seems like he cant get 360s down as well as he could on his old Faith, but he can throw a huge superman seatgrab better.

I thought the same thing when buying my Glory and I love it. Jumps and drop feel great on it. I use to ride a Specialized sx trail, so I was worried that a new Glory wouldn't feel as good with jumping. I have been pleasantly surprised.

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 7:43 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:

Well the glory is a dh bike. It s not in the light weight division if you know what i mean. It s not a freeride or park bike. Off course everything is possible depending on the rider. But it s a good downhill machine.

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 8:13 Quote
myanh wrote:
BeaverCreaker wrote:

Well the glory is a dh bike. It s not in the light weight division if you know what i mean. It s not a freeride or park bike. Off course everything is possible depending on the rider. But it s a good downhill machine.

I think 7" (faith) park bikes are a bit of a thing of the past. If you go to most parks, say whistler, most people ride downhill bikes, like a Glory.

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 9:03 Quote
myanh wrote:
Well the glory is a dh bike. It is not in the light weight division if you know what i mean. It s not a freeride or park bike. Off course everything is possible depending on the rider. But it s a good downhill machine.

What do you mean? The frame is pretty dam light. Vital MTB's 2013 Glory 0 test bike weighed in at just over 36 lbs, that's a light bike!

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 13:01 Quote
Yeah I had mine down to 33.5 lbs with a 36 180mm fork. I think it makes a great park bike.

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 18:14 Quote
sam-rodda wrote:
myanh wrote:
Well the glory is a dh bike. It is not in the light weight division if you know what i mean. It s not a freeride or park bike. Off course everything is possible depending on the rider. But it s a good downhill machine.

What do you mean? The frame is pretty dam light. Vital MTB's 2013 Glory 0 test bike weighed in at just over 36 lbs, that's a light bike!

YEAH WELL I HAVE A LARGE

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 18:43 Quote
myanh wrote:
sam-rodda wrote:
myanh wrote:

YEAH WELL I HAVE A LARGE
so?

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 18:51 Quote
Nobble wrote:
myanh wrote:
sam-rodda wrote:

YEAH WELL I HAVE A LARGE
so?
IT S HEAVY

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018141
Mobile Version of Website