2013 Giant Glory

PB Forum :: Giant
2013 Giant Glory
Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 15:32 Quote
If I bought a medium 2013 glory frame, would all my large 2014's components fit on the bike? Would like to have two frames, one medium for jibbin' and learning tricks, and one large for when i want to be more aggressive and say maybe get into racing next year.

Im not going to rush into anything, but when i save up some money I wanted to buy a cheap used voltage or status for learning steezy whips and 360s, before taking it to the big bikes. If my large bikes components will fit on a medium, id rather do that, because I liked the way the medium glory felt much better than the large status felt. The medium glory didnt have that "might hit my knees" feel of the status, atleast for my size, and it felt lighter.

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 16:07 Quote
Frame size has nothing to do with components long as BB and all the measurement fits it'll work.

Posted: Apr 5, 2014 at 18:12 Quote
Just making sure. Now i gots to find me a medium frame.

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 at 4:39 Quote
Just an FYI, I'm going to be selling my 2013 Large frame with never used vivid air pretty quick.... Look for it in the buy and sell soon.

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 at 9:06 Quote
whitey89 wrote:
Ive been riding my 2013 Glory for just over 2 months now. Way nicer than the old geo.

Swapped out the rockshox for 2013 Fox and the X0 carbon cranks for Saint and renthal bars (not pictured)

Custom 2013 Glory 0

Just wondering,
Why did you swap the SRAM xo for the saint cranks,was there any issues that you found with the SRAM cranks?

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 1:27 Quote
Anyone notice the top mount bush on their rear shock wearing ?? mine has a little bit of play in it not sure if its normall ?

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 6:24 Quote
It might be something to do with the design of the frame. There's no lower bushing so all rotation of the shock ends is in the top, which may cause it to wear quicker. I rode my Glory 4 times before selling it, and I had to replace the top shock mount bolt cos it had bent already. Maybe they use cheapy hardware.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 14:30 Quote
That's something for me to check. I haven't noticed any wear and tear on the bike yet.. I still think it's the best bike I've ever ridden haha

Whitey your 0 is looking sick!

My changes to date are a new rear rim, spokes, Zee cranks and mech, Saint M820 shifter and brakes with braided hose. I have a Spank 777 bar on the way, then it will be perfect.

photo

photo

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 18:47 Quote
Any of you guys had time on an Rc4 and the new model vivid in your Glory? I currently have the Rc4 but I'm tempted to get the new Vivid. Would just like to hear feedback if anyone has tried both.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 18:56 Quote
Do it, I havent tried the rc4 but the vivid out performs every shock I've tried so far.

Posted: Apr 30, 2014 at 20:09 Quote
Hi,

I BROKE MY CHAIN GUIDE PRETTY BADLY LAST SEPTEMBER i need to remove it...I HAVE THE GLORY 2 2012 with the Crankset Truvativ Ruktion w/ MRP G2 Mini SL, 36T could not figure out witch crank puller i need from parktool to take it out.

A) ccp-22
B)ccp-44
C)cwp-7
D)none of these anyway stupid moron

Please help

Posted: Apr 30, 2014 at 20:29 Quote
myanh wrote:
Hi,

I BROKE MY CHAIN GUIDE PRETTY BADLY LAST SEPTEMBER i need to remove it...I HAVE THE GLORY 2 2012 with the Crankset Truvativ Ruktion w/ MRP G2 Mini SL, 36T could not figure out witch crank puller i need from parktool to take it out.

A) ccp-22
B)ccp-44
C)cwp-7
D)none of these anyway stupid moron

Please help
this is your cheapest option

http://www.parktool.com/product/universal-crank-puller-for-square-taper-and-splined-cranks-cwp-7

Posted: May 1, 2014 at 7:14 Quote
Thank you nobble

Posted: May 2, 2014 at 11:28 Quote
Q for any one who has a glory, when your riding, is your bike loud as hell? New frame, had one of the 2010s and then was on a transition for a year. My memory fails me, but i do sort of remember my last giant sounding rickety as hell as well. Reason i ask is I'm noticing a weird noise in my front end, I'm just putting it down to frame noise from the hydroformed pop can tubes, but i figured id ask.

Posted: May 2, 2014 at 14:01 Quote
Ive noticed my 2014 glory being a bit noisey , found top miunt in rear shock worn changed it and grand now , also cables seem to bang off frame , so going reroute them and put bit of velcro under them

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024531
Mobile Version of Website