Regarding the jumps in Kings Forest, Hamilton, Ontario

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Regarding the jumps in Kings Forest, Hamilton, Ontario
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 4, 2012 at 14:29 Quote
Hello everyone, just thought I would give you all a heads up about the jumps we all love in our neck of the woods. I went to the local dirt jumps today Sept 4/12, and spoke with the city worker that looks after the parks in the area. He tolded me himself that he does not mind that the jumps are there and that we build them. But what does tick him and the city off is that people are cutting down trees and burning roots. I have not idea why anyone would do such a thing, I told him. He told me that the jumps there are cool and that he likes seeing them there. But the cutting of trees will end up shutting down the riding of bikes in that area. Not to mention possible fines. So I really wish that all this abuse of our forest will stop. He even said that he will supply old logs for our building needs if we all do our part in keeping it clean and user freindly. So, I hope this post gets the word out to all who ride there so we can continue to jump where we all love to do so. Thank you very much for reading this thread and please spread the word.
p.s. And add any ideas back

Posted: Sep 4, 2012 at 17:18 Quote
Thanks for the heads-up. We all need to be mindful of our surroundings and respect the areas we ride. All it takes is some douche-bag(s) to mess it up for everyone. There are so few places that we can enjoy, worry free of the Law and/or By-Law.

Posted: Sep 4, 2012 at 17:20 Quote
carnage71 wrote:
Hello everyone, just thought I would give you all a heads up about the jumps we all love in our neck of the woods. I went to the local dirt jumps today Sept 4/12, and spoke with the city worker that looks after the parks in the area. He tolded me himself that he does not mind that the jumps are there and that we build them. But what does tick him and the city off is that people are cutting down trees and burning roots. I have not idea why anyone would do such a thing, I told him. He told me that the jumps there are cool and that he likes seeing them there. But the cutting of trees will end up shutting down the riding of bikes in that area. Not to mention possible fines. So I really wish that all this abuse of our forest will stop. He even said that he will supply old logs for our building needs if we all do our part in keeping it clean and user freindly. So, I hope this post gets the word out to all who ride there so we can continue to jump where we all love to do so. Thank you very much for reading this thread and please spread the word.
p.s. And add any ideas back

very nice. This is a real bonus. Keep clean and they will survive. Awesome. we would love to come out there and check out the jumps and area and do a shoot and write up for droppindown.com. let me know. we could also promote and build the area also. Let me know what you think.

dave.d

Posted: Sep 5, 2012 at 16:00 Quote
Hey there Droppindown, that's great that you would come down and ride our jumps. I would take you there myself. I will add you as a friend and we can plan a day of it. I hope the word gets out about this and that we all get on the same page. I don't want to someone to piss off the city and wreck it for all of us. Thank you, I will add you to my list.

Posted: Sep 14, 2012 at 21:01 Quote
Everytime I'm there, I pick up the garbage,( water bottles and cans) thought maybe that was the reason the city kept coming in and tearing down. Thanks for the info....will make sure fellow bikers know this.

Posted: Sep 14, 2012 at 21:14 Quote
And I'll start packing a garbage bag with me too. Would be nice to see if I can get a blue bin from work and tie it to a tree as well.

Posted: Sep 15, 2012 at 8:09 Quote
Right on, gonna spread the word. We have a pretty sweet little spot to ride and a just a little bit of work and care can keep it going instead of being torn down all the time. Nothing worse than putting all the time into building something just to have it destroyed.

Posted: Mar 31, 2013 at 7:03 Quote
last time i was at those jumps they were pretty torn up, too bad.
however, i know a good spot at the rez where the jumps are decent, nice sets, theres a wheelbarrel and shovel, lots of dead rotting trees and a campfire area. the only problem is partyers litter everywhere,so pm me if you want he exact locatiin or i could show you, but dont litter, and keep it classy

Posted: Mar 31, 2013 at 7:34 Quote
DJinHamilton, what jumps in what Forrest are they talking about?

Posted: Mar 31, 2013 at 7:37 Quote
the ones in kings forest that we biked too in the summer, and as soon as we got there everyone wanted to leave remember?

Posted: Mar 31, 2013 at 7:40 Quote
oh ya, okay i know what your talking about is there even good jumps there? when we went the jumps weren't good

Posted: Mar 31, 2013 at 7:44 Quote
from what i remember they looked washed out by the rain, we should go there on the next sunny day and check them out

Posted: Mar 31, 2013 at 7:46 Quote
Thursday is gonna be nice

Posted: Mar 31, 2013 at 7:47 Quote
okay we will go then

Posted: Mar 31, 2013 at 7:49 Quote
okk, we need to do my bike still

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008169
Mobile Version of Website