Specalized hi lo hubs (mainly rear)

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specalized hi lo hubs (mainly rear)
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 9, 2012 at 14:06 Quote
Anybody else had and problems with these hubs or is it just me?

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 at 15:04 Quote
Had the rear loosen up a few times. Took it apart, cleaned it up really well with alcohol and blue lock-tighted the lock nuts on. You can't over tighten them because the axle bottoms out inside the freehub body. Did this about 3 weeks ago and have ridden about 10 times, haven't had any problems since. Also, keep you thru axle clean and greased.

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 12:54 Quote
I have just had to replace the 2 sealed cartridge bearings on my 2011. Was fairly easy and cheap.

Posted: Jan 4, 2013 at 9:28 Quote
I had mine 'rebuilt' by the shop i bought it from. Seems fine ever since and have ridden in some s.h!t conditions.

Posted: Feb 16, 2013 at 13:59 Quote
I think I'm going to have to change the free hub bearings in mine, started getting play in the cassette and its not the lock ring..... Also I'm sure I can't get it to go as quickly as I used to Madder

Posted: Mar 2, 2014 at 16:48 Quote
I have tools to take apart this hub, PM or email me direct for more info, logofreak@shaw.ca
http://forums.mtbr.com/specialized/hi-lo-rear-disc-hub-service-replacement-869150.html

Posted: May 14, 2014 at 2:13 Quote
How rolling on hope pro 2 evo thanks

Posted: May 15, 2014 at 4:49 Quote
Just had my rear wheel rebuilt by my LBS. I started taking the hub apart and found metal inside the hub guess one of the nuts had stripped.

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 at 20:06 Quote
I had issues with the Wheelset that came on my 2013 Stumpjumper Comp Evo. There was play in both hubs. Specialized support recommended putting green locktite in and around the end caps of both hubs, which lessened the issue but it wasn't a fix by any means. Specialized ended up giving me a store credit for the value of the wheelset. Never had any issues with the Roval hubs on the aftermarket wheels though, those have been extremely solid.

Posted: Feb 19, 2017 at 1:38 Quote
Anyone know the bearing codes for the bearings in specialized hi/lo rear hubs ?

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 6, 2021 at 23:35 Quote
If there are any old school riders out there looking to rebuild their Hi Lo Rear Hub, I ,ade a very detailed video about how to do it. Take a look. https://youtu.be/6qPJIkepQEM

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.225037
Mobile Version of Website