Blew a 29er tire, Need suggestions on a new one

PB Forum :: 29ers
Blew a 29er tire, Need suggestions on a new one
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 at 17:51 Quote
Like the title said, over the weekend i was out on the trails and my rear tire on my anthem x2 29er blew on me. I was wondering what are some great tires to change over to? I ride on pretty much every surface type so i'd need one that can handle it all. Thanks for your help

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 at 17:57 Quote
i ride the racing ralphs on my xc race bike and i love it it has enough grip but still rolls fast

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 at 18:18 Quote
griff369 wrote:
i ride the racing ralphs on my xc race bike and i love it it has enough grip but still rolls fast

the racing ralphs evo are what came with my bike, i admit they grip good but just riding down a gravel lane it blew out. handled everything like a champ till that...

Posted: Sep 17, 2012 at 4:14 Quote
Where did it blow how much psi were you running?

Posted: Sep 17, 2012 at 13:28 Quote
griff369 wrote:
Where did it blow how much psi were you running?

I couldn't tell you what psi, I'm new to biking so i just bought it off the dealer and it was set up from the start. I'll be looking over the tire later tonight to see if there is actual tire damage or maybe just the tire seal was broken since its tubeless?

Posted: Feb 13, 2013 at 11:00 Quote
I heard the Panaracer Rampage is a fantastic tire all around. Specialized Ground Control is also pretty solid, but a little less grippy and faster rolling than the Rampage.

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 17:57 Quote
Continental Race King, X King
Maxxis Crossmax
Maxxis Larsen
Specialized Renegade sworks

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2014 at 14:07 Quote
Travis, tires do not just "blow out". Is it a punture or a slice. If punctured then galvanize patch it on the inside and save your money for something needed. If sliced, replace it, seems like a good choice from the manufacturer. I won't recommend any tire until I know what type of terrain you typically ride. Nanos are fine for XC but not a great trail tire. My 2 cents, pardner. Keep it rollin'Facepalm

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009665
Mobile Version of Website