Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Feb 27, 2015 at 6:17 Quote
depends how much you ride

Posted: Feb 27, 2015 at 6:41 Quote
How much should I be looking at for a Rockshox Pike 454 U-turn service?

Posted: Feb 27, 2015 at 6:46 Quote
lostangel11 wrote:
simple oil change or complete overhaul?

Posted: Feb 27, 2015 at 7:09 Quote
mate1998 wrote:
lostangel11 wrote:

Well I haven't got them yet, they they may need a complete. Would be handy to know about both to be honest.

Posted: Feb 27, 2015 at 7:20 Quote
lostangel11 wrote:
mate1998 wrote:
lostangel11 wrote:

Well I haven't got them yet, they they may need a complete. Would be handy to know about both to be honest.

just get the year of manufacture and google tech manual (for your fork) they have all of them in the webs. super clear procedures and quite easy tasks honestly.

Posted: Feb 27, 2015 at 8:52 Quote
lostangel11 wrote:
mate1998 wrote:
lostangel11 wrote:

oil change is around 10-15 gbp (if i convert my currency into yours) and complete overhaul is around 30-40

Posted: Feb 27, 2015 at 8:54 Quote
mate1998 wrote:
lostangel11 wrote:
mate1998 wrote:

oil change is around 10-15 gbp (if i convert my currency into yours) and complete overhaul is around 30-40
at a shop? definitely not that cheap.

Posted: Feb 27, 2015 at 8:58 Quote
Nobble wrote:
mate1998 wrote:
lostangel11 wrote:

here it is that cheap in a bike shop. If you go back and shop there in the future, they will even give you around 10% off anything (at least where i go)

Posted: Feb 27, 2015 at 9:27 Quote
Nobble wrote:
mate1998 wrote:
lostangel11 wrote:

Service prices are much cheaper in Hungary. They can be because of the low rent and very low salary ( around £4k / year ).

Posted: Feb 27, 2015 at 9:37 Quote
Vole wrote:
Nobble wrote:
mate1998 wrote:

Service prices are much cheaper in Hungary. They can be because of the low rent and very low salary ( around £4k / year ).

Holy shit thats cheap. I think even if its 30-40 pounds to send it there it would be cheaper

Posted: Feb 27, 2015 at 10:49 Quote
jackstack wrote:
Vole wrote:
Nobble wrote:

Holy shit thats cheap. I think even if its 30-40 pounds to send it there it would be cheaper

Maybe, but you have to know the shops to make sure your forks are in good hands. Otherwise...

The other thing is that they are not really set up to receive founds over the phone from abroad. Even less chance to pay online Smile

Posted: Feb 27, 2015 at 11:19 Quote
Hey Guys and girls, prior to applying some new decals for my 2014 888 lowers (via Silk Graphics) what's the best way to remove the old decals on the forks? I've not yet tried simply peeling them off, but obviously I don't want to damage the paintwork before putting new ones on. Any tips?

Posted: Feb 27, 2015 at 11:25 Quote
Just peel them off and use acetone to get rid of any left over glue

Posted: Feb 27, 2015 at 11:53 Quote
nickkk wrote:
Hey Guys and girls, prior to applying some new decals for my 2014 888 lowers (via Silk Graphics) what's the best way to remove the old decals on the forks? I've not yet tried simply peeling them off, but obviously I don't want to damage the paintwork before putting new ones on. Any tips?

Wd40 does the job or tar spot remover..!!!

Posted: Feb 27, 2015 at 11:53 Quote
And if you don't want to dick around with removing the sticky, peel it off at one millimeter per second or slower

Not kidding actually works, you'll see for your self

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020835
Mobile Version of Website