Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Feb 6, 2016 at 9:09 Quote
ithomas wrote:
I recently bought a 2014 enduro comp 29 with the stock roval wheels. I want to go tubeless, and it looks like there's already rim tape installed as stock, but I'm not entirely sure. Does anyone have any prior experience setting tubeless with these wheels? Do I need gorilla tape? Thanks!

My mavics look similar like all ready rim tape on so it's pretty smooth surface so I'm unsure if I need more tape

Posted: Feb 6, 2016 at 10:07 Quote
I Always recommend doing two full width wraps of gorilla tape when going tubeless. Gives you a super snug bead fit and will help you not burp.

Posted: Feb 6, 2016 at 11:12 Quote
ive got a sram x9 rear mech and a the plate of metal between the derrailure and screw has fallen off. how can i take it off

Posted: Feb 6, 2016 at 11:30 Quote
Haddow-B wrote:
ive got a sram x9 rear mech and a the plate of metal between the derrailure and screw has fallen off. how can i take it off

Take what off?

Posted: Feb 6, 2016 at 11:40 Quote
fxrextreme wrote:
Haddow-B wrote:

Take what off?
its the plate that goes inbetween the hangar and the deraillure screw i have a picture on my profile. i managed to salvage on by hiitingit with a hammar

Posted: Feb 6, 2016 at 11:46 Quote
I cant find the picture

Posted: Feb 6, 2016 at 14:25 Quote
[Quote="fxrextreme"]I cant find the picture[/Quot
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/13140743/
have a look at the screw. theire is a plate missing

Posted: Feb 6, 2016 at 14:29 Quote
Haddow-B wrote:
fxrextreme wrote:
I cant find the picture
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/13140743/
have a look at the screw. theire is a plate missing
2015 Full sram x5 Great condition

This should help

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.avt.bike/WebStore/graphics/00000001/SRAM/SRAM-RD1519.jpg

Posted: Feb 6, 2016 at 14:38 Quote
That same thing happened to me with my X0 DH 7spd while i was building the Tues, was lucky to notice it on the ground

Posted: Feb 6, 2016 at 17:49 Quote
hey guys trying to get my wheels tubeless. Im using gorilla tape around the rim (1 strip). I cant get the bead to seat, it keeps wanting to stay in the middle of the rim. unfortunately i don't have an air compressor, just a floor pump. I've never had this issue on my previous tubeless set ups. if i add another layer of tape will it help seat the bead? any recommendations?

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2016 at 17:52 Quote
patch92 wrote:
hey guys trying to get my wheels tubeless. Im using gorilla tape around the rim (1 strip). I cant get the bead to seat, it keeps wanting to stay in the middle of the rim. unfortunately i don't have an air compressor, just a floor pump. I've never had this issue on my previous tubeless set ups. if i add another layer of tape will it help seat the bead? any recommendations?
I'd add another layer of tape regardless. It just helps the tire to fit snugger. To help the bead seat rub some water on the bead, and then try it. Other than that you may just need to pop by a local shop and ask if they can use their compressor real quick. I'm sure they'd be happy to do it.

Posted: Feb 6, 2016 at 18:08 Quote
ethan991 wrote:
patch92 wrote:
I'd add another layer of tape regardless. It just helps the tire to fit snugger. To help the bead seat rub some water on the bead, and then try it. Other than that you may just need to pop by a local shop and ask if they can use their compressor real quick. I'm sure they'd be happy to do it.

I only have the tape on the inner of the rim. If that makes sense. It doesn't run up the sidewalk where the bead hooks in. Should it be?

Posted: Feb 6, 2016 at 18:13 Quote
patch92 wrote:
ethan991 wrote:
patch92 wrote:

I only have the tape on the inner of the rim. If that makes sense. It doesn't run up the sidewalk where the bead hooks in. Should it be?
Yup 2 x full width wraps works best

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2016 at 18:14 Quote
patch92 wrote:
ethan991 wrote:
patch92 wrote:

Ah I see. Did you get the 1 inch wide roll? I'm honestly not sure if it will make a difference if it's not covering where the bead sits. I don't think so, but I'm not positive. Anyways, some water on the bead or just bring it to a shop with a compressor are your best bets IMO.

Posted: Feb 6, 2016 at 18:20 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
patch92 wrote:
ethan991 wrote:

Yup 2 x full width wraps works best

You're saying wrap it twice around the rim. All the way up the edge where the bead sits? Will that make it so the bead doesn't sit snug?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027252
Mobile Version of Website