Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 6:03 Quote
Yep, cups are worn...
But this hub is for 20mm axle.
I looked on net and all shimano 20mm hubs got different axles (inner, which carries cups).
It looks like left side cup is one piece with axle...
Meanwile i found new spare part from shimano but price for that is spicy ????

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 6:06 Quote
kokanidja wrote:
Yep, cups are worn...
I looked on net and all shimano 20mm hubs got different axles (inner, which carries cups).

Ahh. bugger.

Shimano spares usually very reasonably priced. Where you found it?

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 7:43 Quote
Hi guys I have a 2012 commencal DH -V3 and need a new bottom bracket I know it's a 83mm press fit but what actual size do I need been told bb92 bb30 bb71 ....... ? am running saint cranks aswel can anyone shed any light on this please, cheers

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 7:54 Quote
bishj80 wrote:
Hi guys I have a 2012 commencal DH -V3 and need a new bottom bracket I know it's a 83mm press fit but what actual size do I need been told bb92 bb30 bb71 ....... ? am running saint cranks aswel can anyone shed any light on this please, cheers

From a quick google looks like a BB71 but don't take that as gospel

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=136636

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 8:04 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
patch92 wrote:

You're saying wrap it twice around the rim. All the way up the edge where the bead sits? Will that make it so the bead doesn't sit snug?
Thats what I'm saying, It makes a tighter fit, makes it more resistant to burping and makes initial set up a little easier. Use soapy water when seating to bead.

The tape should cover the full width of the inside of the rim. Like this:

photo

So I'm cutting the tape so that it doesn't go up the inside of the side wall on the rim where the tire bead sits?
You both are saying 2 different things. But I've heard to not put it up the sidewall.

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 8:06 Quote
patch92 wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

Thats what I'm saying, It makes a tighter fit, makes it more resistant to burping and makes initial set up a little easier. Use soapy water when seating to bead.

photo

So I'm cutting the tape so that it doesn't go up the inside of the side wall on the rim where the tire bead sits?
You both are saying 2 different things. But I've heard to not put it up the sidewall.

Your rim tape shouldnt hit your bead hook in anny way
Pacenti tubeless conversion kits 2015

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 8:08 Quote
patch92 wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

photo

I'm pretty sure ajax is saying the same as me. I thought there was some confusion, so I figured a pic is worth a thousand words.

Either way, what I say is the correct way to do it...(yes I am an arrogant bastard)

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 9:15 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
patch92 wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:

photo

I'm pretty sure ajax is saying the same as me. I thought there was some confusion, so I figured a pic is worth a thousand words.

Either way, what I say is the correct way to do it...(yes I am an arrogant bastard)
We're saying the same thing

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 9:20 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
patch92 wrote:

Hahaha thanks guys. I get it now. Pic helped

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 9:24 Quote
patch92 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:

Hahaha thanks guys. I get it now. Pic helped

Good old MicrosoftPaintCAD...:P

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 10:29 Quote
bishj80 wrote:
It's bb92. Technically bb92 is for 68/73mm cranks but the only difference is the plastic spacer, which you don't need as the bb shell is completely sealed.
Confusingly bb71 is shimanos product code for their bb92 bb, which is what you need.

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 10:31 Quote
Fun question for you guys. I need a 26" 32 hole rim with an ERD of 537mm, any suggestions?
Preferably theyre for DJ but I want to work out what my options are!

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 10:33 Quote
jwollerton wrote:
Fun question for you guys. I need a 26" 32 hole rim with an ERD of 537mm, any suggestions?

Do you already have your spokes or what?

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 10:33 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
kokanidja wrote:
Yep, cups are worn...

Ahh. bugger.

Shimano spares usually very reasonably priced. Where you found it?

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 10:34 Quote
fxrextreme wrote:
jwollerton wrote:

Do you already have your spokes or what?

Yeah, need to swap my rim as its bent without changing hub or spokes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028255
Mobile Version of Website