Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2014 at 13:56 Quote
Need help fast! I'm about 5'10 1/2 and I was thinking of getting a 19.5 inch trek remedy 9.9 frame to build up. I asked one person who rides a remedy 9 how tall they were and they said 5'10", and the owner I am buying the frame from says they are 5'11. Will I fit a 19.5 inch frame? Trek says its a 19.5 virtual, 18.5 actual so I'm really confused.

Posted: Oct 31, 2014 at 14:01 Quote
KooKilla wrote:
Need help fast! I'm about 5'10 1/2 and I was thinking of getting a 19.5 inch trek remedy 9.9 frame to build up. I asked one person who rides a remedy 9 how tall they were and they said 5'10", and the owner I am buying the frame from says they are 5'11. Will I fit a 19.5 inch frame? Trek says its a 19.5 virtual, 18.5 actual so I'm really confused.

i am 6 foot and was very close to picking one up. 19.5 is what i was going to go with after sitting the surrounding sizes

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2014 at 14:04 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
KooKilla wrote:

i am 6 foot and was very close to picking one up. 19.5 is what i was going to go with after sitting the surrounding sizes

Okay, so you think I should be fine on it? I want a bit of room to grow cuz I got a medium for my last bike and it got cramped within a year. And I wont even be able to ride it until next season as I am building over the course of the winter, so I think I may grow a bit.

Posted: Oct 31, 2014 at 14:31 Quote
KooKilla wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
KooKilla wrote:

Okay, so you think I should be fine on it? I want a bit of room to grow cuz I got a medium for my last bike and it got cramped within a year. And I wont even be able to ride it until next season as I am building over the course of the winter, so I think I may grow a bit.

oh yeah then for sure if your still growing its going to last you. cramped is no bueno

Posted: Oct 31, 2014 at 15:43 Quote
I have a rockshox tora 318 solo air motion control damper and a complete rebuild kit. Anybody have one or an idea where i can find the parts im looking for

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2014 at 22:24 Quote
DL302racing wrote:
I have a rockshox tora 318 solo air motion control damper and a complete rebuild kit. Anybody have one or an idea where i can find the parts im looking for

In the box/ bag they came in? Sounds like you have parts, do you mean tools? RS has some pretty good documents of their website about service and such as well as on youtube, idk if they cover a rebuild on the MC but they do talk about dropping the lowers and such...

Posted: Nov 1, 2014 at 2:22 Quote
Will my long cage 9 speed Saint rear derailleur have enough swing to work properly with a 12x142 frame/ axle?

Posted: Nov 1, 2014 at 5:25 Quote
Yes, the frame/axle dimensions make no difference, the driver and in turn the cassette are still the same size.

Posted: Nov 1, 2014 at 5:32 Quote
I have a question of my own.

I'm currently running a 09 Totem (mission control with floodgate) on my Kona and it's an awesome fork, feels super solid however I'm having trouble with the hsclsc knob on the top of the fork. If I try to adjust the knob it doesn't feel very smooth and only has a few clicks and after a while of riding begins to leak a little oil. This is pretty worrying since I haven't had the fork long. Could someone please provide some insight into this issue?

Posted: Nov 1, 2014 at 5:35 Quote
CameronRose wrote:
I have a question of my own.

I'm currently running a 09 Totem (mission control with floodgate) on my Kona and it's an awesome fork, feels super solid however I'm having trouble with the hsclsc knob on the top of the fork. If I try to adjust the knob it doesn't feel very smooth and only has a few clicks and after a while of riding begins to leak a little oil. This is pretty worrying since I haven't had the fork long. Could someone please provide some insight into this issue?
it'll be worth your time to take it apart, clean all the o-rings you can see and put it back together. Maybe email rockshox?

Posted: Nov 1, 2014 at 5:40 Quote
Wish I'd gone for one of the newer damper models, maybe rockshox have some dampers from say a 2012

Posted: Nov 1, 2014 at 5:44 Quote
Look for spares/repairs, or if you're prepared to fork (heh) out a bit more look at tftuned, push or mojo

Posted: Nov 1, 2014 at 5:48 Quote
CameronRose wrote:
Yes, the frame/axle dimensions make no difference, the driver and in turn the cassette are still the same size.

Sweeeeeeeeet.
Cheers mate!

Posted: Nov 1, 2014 at 8:37 Quote
Right people need some help...!!
ive serviced my r/s domain rc single crown forks 160mm today which i bought a while back
Second hand an noticed that the top out spring is missing so bought one installed it the way it shows you on the sram web site but when the forks are on /built up i only get 140mm travel am i missing something..??

Posted: Nov 1, 2014 at 16:00 Quote
I've broken two spoke nipples on my Rovals at the base of the nipple in less than a month, this last one while just riding down the trail. I don't know if that's because the spoke nipples are old or because DT Swiss nipples are bad? Either way it costs me $38 to have my LBS change a nipple out. Should I buy a new set of nipples and have my LBS rebuild the wheel?

I'm tired of this happening.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025017
Mobile Version of Website