I have a horrible pain on my sciatic nerve

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
I have a horrible pain on my sciatic nerve
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 28, 2012 at 17:25 Quote
After long time riding, this year, I think it was once per month or something like that I got a pain on my sciatic nerve but in just three or two it passed and I continued riding, but two days ago I went for a training with a small pain on my back but while I was riding I got a horible pain and I had to stop and return to my home by car, I coudn't move at bed, it was horrible, the doctor came to my house and told me that it was something wrong whit my sciatic nerve and that I will to stop riding por 2 or 3 months, but I don't want to do so. What do you think? Someone of you had got something like this?
Sorry for my english Smile

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2012 at 1:46 Quote
I have a lower back injury that has been in constant severe pain for over a year. I get those days where I can't move out of bed and after a day of riding, especally steep/rocky terrain I am in a LOT of pain. But I still ride my bike minimum 3 times per week. I just make sure I do my exercises and stretches to reduce pain. I also make sure I have perfect riding posture and form.

If it's your sciatic nerve, you would benefit from some physio and stretches.

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 at 7:56 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
I have a lower back injury that has been in constant severe pain for over a year. I get those days where I can't move out of bed and after a day of riding, especally steep/rocky terrain I am in a LOT of pain. But I still ride my bike minimum 3 times per week. I just make sure I do my exercises and stretches to reduce pain. I also make sure I have perfect riding posture and form.

If it's your sciatic nerve, you would benefit from some physio and stretches.
Thank you for the info, I would try the stretches and the physio but I think I will stay without the bike 1 week more just to reduce the posibilities of a new pain Smile

Posted: Oct 15, 2012 at 8:35 Quote
Try anti-inflammatory's. It could relieve the pain and solve the problem. The anti-inflammatory gel that you can buy is good because you can rub it on the direct area where it is painful. Or see a physiotherapist.

Posted: Oct 15, 2012 at 14:29 Quote
RiCkStAr911 wrote:
Try anti-inflammatory's. It could relieve the pain and solve the problem. The anti-inflammatory gel that you can buy is good because you can rub it on the direct area where it is painful. Or see a physiotherapist.
Thank you, I will try it but I still waiting for the Magnetic resonance.

Posted: Oct 15, 2012 at 14:38 Quote
http://www.amazon.com/Healing-Back-Pain-Mind-Body-Connection/dp/0446392308

Get this book and read it, I'm not kidding. It helped immensely my back pain.

Posted: Nov 9, 2012 at 5:00 Quote
having suffered with sciatica for years on and off the best advive i can give is do a LARGE AMOUNT of stretching on your quads, hamstrings, glutes and stay mobile, worst thing you can do is stop moving as this just allows things to tighten back up, some bike riding on flat ground not too strenuous is good too. Paracetemol help too, or Codeine tablets if you can get them but not too often!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014872
Mobile Version of Website