Do you lose your enthusiasm for riding?

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Do you lose your enthusiasm for riding?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 1:50 Quote
I've been riding for..five ish-six years-ish.

And this last year and a half I've had a hard time maintaining focus of my goals. The first four years were straight progression. All I wanted to do was ride. But this last year and some... Its been harder to focus.

I kind of feel like I've found my inspiration sortospeak, and I think this year will be epic.

but, it bugs me... i've lost focus, and fallen behind because I got lazy and bored.

Does this happen to you?

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 2:34 Quote
I loose it completely in the winter. The only reason I keep riding is so that I won't have lost it by the summer time.

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 12:26 Quote
i lost my enthusiasm for Trials a couple years ago. Mostly now i do it cause its something unique that i'm good at and its a community to be a part of. Its the friends i've made in the sport that keep me involved. Sure theres other things to be part of to make friends, but the people involved with biking are the best people i've ever met.

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 12:30 Quote
ya its happened to me before but alll you have to do is go out wiht you freinds try some new tricks and keep trying them then you go land it for the first time ever and then you get more stocked to ride and then you progress more.

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 12:38 Quote
Blaaaaaaaaaaaaine! He's alive!

Anyways, Ray, you should come out to a CPTA and Crankworx for sure. Riding with some different people will make all the difference in the world. IF all else fails, get together with a few buds and build some new dj's Wink

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 16:27 Quote
Mod is the answer!! lol As I told you felix. This has restored some, excitement.
Blaine, you need to come up here sometime. We have a sweet ass little warehouse to ride in.

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 16:58 Quote
Other things in my life have kept me off my trials bike for about a year or more now, this severly drained my motivation, I have been wondering if I will still be as good as when I last rode, etc...

This year I treated myself to a custom trials frame, more as motivation to get back out riding again than anything else. Iam hoping it will work, I miss riding trials so much, and the 2008 season better look out, cause Iam ready for my comeback tour.Wink

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 18:44 Quote
I lost the luster for trials for 4 years. I bought my son a bike and got my older brother (49 years old) to get one too. I now want to go out more but work kills that most of the time.
I rode my Moto trials bike twice this year, very little the year before that and lost the want to ride. It was mainly because within the moto riders there is a lot of fighting between the riders and everyone thinks they are the best rider and no one wants to progress past their set abilities. So riding became very boring when only 2 people show up for a group ride every week. I made my Montesa a national level bike so now I have the "itch" to hurt myself real bad!

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 18:49 Quote
Holes. Definitely holes. Drilling makes me want to gap HUGE!
Also, CPTA and Trialsworx.

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 19:22 Quote
flixlee wrote:
Holes. Definitely holes. Drilling makes me want to gap HUGE!Confused
Also, CPTA and Trialsworx.tup

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 20:15 Quote
Thats right! f*ck... I remember when I first got my echo rims, I went nuts. Its because of the holes.

So simple.

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 20:24 Quote
going biking by myself always sucks.

going out with good friends, biking around town, go to Tim Hortons, get some donuts, go do some biking, have fun.

in the winter I never bike except for last year I biked in the snow. but only time.

in the summer, I always go biking, I love to get out of the house

and since im getting a new bike, it will be even better because I don't have to worry about things breaking on me, and it will be great.

if you have mastered every trick, and have the best bike, I don't think theres much fun in that

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 20:25 Quote
I think it was Kami that said in a post one time that drilling the holes had more of a phycological effect on you than the actual weight reduction itself.

I can understand how that might actually be true. Kinda like the placebo effect in medicen.

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 21:22 Quote
It would be easy to lose if there was no progression or new lines to ride...I think it's safe to say that I've been progressing for the past two seasons... like everyone else I get a little frustrated when I have a bad mojo ride... I would have stopped progressing long ago if it wasn't for the guys I ride with... like any thing you wish to become better at, you have to have the want, desire, and the balls to hang yourself over the edge of comfort...
also riding with guys a level better than yourself always helpsWink

answer is not yet!

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 18:51 Quote
see ray, i lost alot of riding euthasism ( or however it spelled) this year, sore backs, work, house stuff, So i descided to get a big bike, catch some air , go fast, and after giving up riding a pure, and gettin back to more streety style, kinda like you and a mod, im gettin back into the groove of likin ridin again. cause ive been trialsin for like 6 or 7 years, so its bound to get a little borin, but riding in our warehouse (thx darren) and ridin a different bike i hope toget the kick i need for my ridin this season. see you boys friday

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011028
Mobile Version of Website