exercises that help with bike handling! would like some tips

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
exercises that help with bike handling! would like some tips
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 4, 2012 at 21:16 Quote
heyu guys im coming back from a shoulder surgery and i would like to get back in to shape to race super D, or if i cant come in to next years cyclocross in good shape! if you guys can name some exercises that help me out!

Posted: Oct 6, 2012 at 21:04 Quote
Work your hip flexors because that is where the power for your pedal stroke comes from. Do exercises like Romanian Deadlifts or Hyperextensions.

Strengthening your core is important for feeling comfortable for long times on the bike. A strong core will eliminate lower back pain during long rides if that was ever a problem for you. Try Planks for that.

I also recommend that since you are coming off shoulder surgery you should focus on rehabbing that. If you have rehab with a physio then that will be good but if you don't ask your doctor if he can recommend something or if you work out at a gym ask one of the trainers there.

Posted: Dec 17, 2012 at 20:45 Quote
given you have had a serious injury or at least a serious out come resulting in surgery I would encourage you to seek a physio therapist for this, it is not something that a forum can really answer, injuries are very personal and you dont want to risk more damage.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 17, 2012 at 20:52 Quote
slidways wrote:
given you have had a serious injury or at least a serious out come resulting in surgery I would encourage you to seek a physio therapist for this, it is not something that a forum can really answer, injuries are very personal and you dont want to risk more damage.

this

Posted: Jan 17, 2013 at 18:21 Quote
slidways wrote:

Agree 100%. Dont go by what people say here, sorry guys, but that will only get you injured. See of your local gym has a good trainer that does rehab training.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.308848
Mobile Version of Website