Carb/Energy Gels for Carbo Loading

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Carb/Energy Gels for Carbo Loading
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 16, 2012 at 10:33 Quote
I'm a big fan of carbo loading. So far I've only gone the "traditional route". That is lots of rice and pasta and reduced trainingin the days leading up to a big ride. While this works, I struggle to get the amounts of carbs I really need to top of those glycogen stores because I usually work during the week and can't just buzz off for a couple hours to stuff my face. I started to look into supplements/powders but found that they're usually geared for body/bulk building rather than endurance. Hence my question:

Does anyone have experience using carb/energy gels to max out on the carbs? Are the carbs in them complex enough to be effective for carbo loading? Also, does anyone have any recommendations for other supplements that can help with carbo loading?

Thanks in advance!!

Posted: Oct 19, 2012 at 3:38 Quote
what about a light pre work out, i used to use maxi muscle viper that was quite good

Posted: Oct 22, 2012 at 11:30 Quote
How about using Clif/Power/granola bars? (probably) more complex than gels and usually contain some amount of protein.

Posted: Oct 23, 2012 at 8:49 Quote
Yes, I ended up incorporating Clif bars as part of my between meals snack regimen for the event last weekend. But no matter how good they taste... at 6-8 of em a day they get repulsive in a right hurry xD

I also found that the Slim Fast drinks have a fair amount of carbs (30g per serving iirc) so they're good for right after a bowl of pasta.

Ultimately though I'm still hoping to find something that comes in some sort of powder form to mix with water for an easy to suck up supplement..

Thanks for the pointers so far.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009759
Mobile Version of Website