Are Juicy 3's any good?

PB Forum :: Other
Are Juicy 3's any good?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 18:25 Quote
Hey i was wondering if the juicy 3's are any good? and how much are they selling for . And could you put a danger boy lever in them

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 20:29 Quote
yeah there good not sure about the levers if you get the juicy 5 or juicy 7 ones they should proabaly work

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 20:32 Quote
its weird, to me they feal liek mechanicals

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 20:34 Quote
go on price point and you can get a juicy 7 for like 120 dude

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 10:41 Quote
there prity much the same as a jucy five in performance the only diference is that the lever dousnt click out and the caliper has one less bolt

yes dangerboy levers will fit

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 10:52 Quote
ivlikevmeat wrote:
there prity much the same as a jucy five in performance the only diference is that the lever dousnt click out and the caliper has one less bolt

wrong dude the caliphers are different from 5's and 7's. the only difference from 5's and 7's is the pad adjust by the lever. they are deffinetly not as good as 5 or 7, i havent heard good things about them... get 5's

and the dangerboy levers will fit, but make sure you get the ones that are made for avid hydro brakes, cause they make them for lots of brands.

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 10:55 Quote
there the same as five just made in china using cheaper parts..the only other difference is where the hose goes into the caliper is in a different spot. And yes the dangerboy levers will fit the juicy 3's

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 22:58 Quote
thats good to know
ivlikevmeat wrote:

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 10:58 Quote
i got some they feel pretty sick no trouble yet only thing is when they get wet or dirty they sqeak its so anoying

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 11:08 Quote
Juicy 3 is basicly a juicy 5 and 7 with out a Banjo,adjustments and split clampWink .It's a cheap and releiable good brake.

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 6:13 Quote
juicy 3 are okay for xc, freeride enduro riding, but not the best for dh.

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 6:35 Quote
So i should just get a juciy 5 that way there good for anything ?

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 7:51 Quote
juicy 5 are same like juicy 3. but not made in china. try them and make ur own opinion. they are okay, i think.

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 8:47 Quote
If you`re buying Juicy`s, buy 7`s or maybe 5`s if you`re not racing Wink

I ride Juicy 5 for two seasons now. They are great, I haven`t even changed oil and they stil work like new. I only changed rotors for Braking and there is no more anoying voice when they`re wet, and they don`t overheat so fast. I ride FR and some DH, so there is no problem.
But thinking of buying 7`s or maybe even Code with Juicy 7`s brake leaver, for more power and pad adjustment, what do you think? I rode 7`s before on Braking rotors and are better for control. Thanks for help

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 9:05 Quote
kmetek wrote:
If you`re buying Juicy`s, buy 7`s or maybe 5`s if you`re not racing Wink

I ride Juicy 5 for two seasons now. They are great, I haven`t even changed oil and they stil work like new. I only changed rotors for Braking and there is no more anoying voice when they`re wet, and they don`t overheat so fast. I ride FR and some DH, so there is no problem.
But thinking of buying 7`s or maybe even Code with Juicy 7`s brake leaver, for more power and pad adjustment, what do you think? I rode 7`s before on Braking rotors and are better for control. Thanks for help
yeah thanks alot for the help I'll keep my eye open for 7's

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012436
Mobile Version of Website