The Specialized Stumpjumper FSR EVO thread

PB Forum :: Specialized
The Specialized Stumpjumper FSR EVO thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 19, 2012 at 19:01 Quote
Hey pinkbike! This thread is for those of you with Stumpjumper FSR EVOs who would like to post your bikes, and discuss the stumpjumper FSR EVO!

When posting your, or another's bike, include

-a detailed spec list
-a quick review of your build and tell us how it rides!

Let the posting begin!

Posted: Oct 19, 2012 at 23:35 Quote
Just got a 2013 SJ Evo Comp 29er. I love it. The OEM brakes are junk but thats ok everything else is working fantastic. I was wondering what the length was on the stem? does anyone know?

Posted: Oct 20, 2012 at 6:34 Quote
SEX SEX SEXUAL - Black Excellence - 25lbs

Here is my 2013 Carbon EVO, Later in the week I will post pic of the changes I am making:
Carbon Seat and Chainstay Linkage
XX Sram Cassette
2013 Reverb (All black no silver on collar.)
2013 Specialized Roval Carbon Trail SL Wheelset.

Dropping more weight.

Waiting on a special order through QBP for a Single Ring BB30 XO Spider to run the bike as a 1x10 with an XO/MRP G2 SL Guide and Chromag 34t Black Chainring

Posted: Oct 20, 2012 at 12:53 Quote
Renthal makes custom chainrings for the XO spider.

FL
Posted: Oct 20, 2012 at 12:58 Quote
somismtb wrote:
Just got a 2013 SJ Evo Comp 29er. I love it. The OEM brakes are junk but thats ok everything else is working fantastic. I was wondering what the length was on the stem? does anyone know?

i do believe it is between 60 or 70mm how many people have got 2013 sj evo fsr

Posted: Oct 20, 2012 at 13:26 Quote
mantra wrote:

Renthal doesn't make such a product.

MRP makes a Bling Ring but I would prefer to run a standard spider.

Posted: Oct 20, 2012 at 14:41 Quote
jayriley wrote:
mantra wrote:

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/fresh-produce-renthal-120-bcd-sr4-chainrings.html

Posted: Oct 20, 2012 at 15:56 Quote
mantra wrote:
jayriley wrote:
mantra wrote:

Like I said Renthal doesn't make chainring SPIDERS that work on XO BB30 cranksets. What you just posted is only a chainring.

Posted: Oct 20, 2012 at 18:10 Quote
jayriley wrote:
mantra wrote:
jayriley wrote:

Like I said Renthal doesn't make chainring SPIDERS that work on XO BB30 cranksets. What you just posted is only a chainring.

When did I say that they make spiders? I said: "Renthal makes custom chainrings for the XO spider".

Posted: Oct 26, 2012 at 19:42 Quote
Carbon Seat and Chainstay Linkage - Carbon Roval Control Trail SL 142 Wheels - 1x10 BB30 Spider w Chromag Ring - BLACK

Added Carbon Seat and Chainstays - 1X10 BB30 Spider w/ Chromag ring - Carbon Wheelset. BLACK

Posted: Oct 26, 2012 at 20:11 Quote
Question for you EVO owners. I have a 2011 SJ FSR Elite and it has the stock FOX Float 32 140 RL. I was wondering if getting a Float 36 160mm will make a huge difference as far as the geometry of the bike goes. I'm also looking to swap the rear shock (w/ Brain) for a Fox Float CTD. Thanks in advance.

Posted: Oct 26, 2012 at 20:23 Quote
Heisenberg wrote:
Question for you EVO owners. I have a 2011 SJ FSR Elite and it has the stock FOX Float 32 140 RL. I was wondering if getting a Float 36 160mm will make a huge difference as far as the geometry of the bike goes. I'm also looking to swap the rear shock (w/ Brain) for a Fox Float CTD. Thanks in advance.

The fork you are thinking about would be overkill on a bike with that amount of travel. 150mm in the front and a 15 or 20mm thru would make a world of difference in the stiffness of the front end without throwing your handling out the window. The rear shock would completely change the ride of your bicycle. In a good way if you like riding more trail versus XC, you can do more to control the actions of the bike in rougher terrain and on the DH sections.

Posted: Oct 26, 2012 at 20:27 Quote
jayriley wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

The fork you are thinking about would be overkill on a bike with that amount of travel. 150mm in the front and a 15 or 20mm thru would make a world of difference in the stiffness of the front end without throwing your handling out the window. The rear shock would completely change the ride of your bicycle. In a good way if you like riding more trail versus XC, you can do more to control the actions of the bike in rougher terrain and on the DH sections.

So a 32 150mm? I definitely like more trail/AM than XC. That's why I'm thinking about those upgrades.

Posted: Oct 26, 2012 at 20:31 Quote
Heisenberg wrote:
jayriley wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

So a 32 150mm? I definitely like more trail/AM than XC. That's why I'm thinking about those upgrades.

Yeah that would be a much better setup than going to 160. That would really wreck havoc with the handling and increase the chances of frame failure.

Posted: Oct 26, 2012 at 20:37 Quote
jayriley wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
jayriley wrote:

Yeah that would be a much better setup than going to 160. That would really wreck havoc with the handling and increase the chances of frame failure.

As far as the Float CTD: What am I looking at when I decide to make the jump and buy it?

This is what's currently on the bike:

REAR SHOCK: Specialized/Fox Brain Shock w/ remote Trail Tune inertia valve, Brain Fade and rebound adj., 7.75x1.9", integrated cartridge bearing shock mount.

But I can't seem to find the CTD of the same size.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014077
Mobile Version of Website