The Specialized Stumpjumper FSR EVO thread

PB Forum :: Specialized
The Specialized Stumpjumper FSR EVO thread
Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 23:37 Quote
When my seatstay cracked on evo model, Specialized gave me regular stumpy seatstay on warranty. It even had brain mount.

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 1:14 Quote
Im going to be building a 2013 Stumpy evo carbon up for a frame set and to keep costs down will try and use as much as i can off my old bike .

Id like to use my existing XT Hollowtech 2 crank and wondered if anyone else had done the same conversion and what parts they used or would i be better of selling the XT crank and buying a PF30 compatible one instead ?

Also my forks have a 1 -1/8th Steerer so can i just buy an adaptor to replace the lower bearings ?

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 4:46 Quote
For your cranks, I'd look into Praxis. They make awesome bottom brackets that convert PF30 to shimano drivetrain, without creaking I might add.

Your headset, I've seen bearings that will adapt to a straight 1 1/8, and I've also seen crown races that adapt to the larger 1 1/2 bearing. I don't know who makes them, but they're out there.

Good luck with the build and enjoy!

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 6:00 Quote
Thanks for the info....slight change of plan as ive just picked up a Sram X9 BB30 crankset (2x10).

Looking at ordering a PF30 BB but am a bit unsure as to which one to get as there are so many variations.

From what ive found out so far the frame is 46/73 mm and the Sram Crankset has a 30mm spindle from what i can gather so would a standard Sram PF30 BB be the correct one ??

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 12:25 Quote
Forgot to ask which front mech I need as I'm planning on running 2x10,is it a low or high reach ?

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2015 at 15:08 Quote
Wheels Mfg makes a really nice machined aluminum PF30 OSBB for Specialized bottom brackets that goes in easily and doesn't creak.

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 1:12 Quote
They have some decent looking BB's but the shipping costs put them out of the running for me.

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 3:48 Quote
I use the standard Sram press fit one. Never had any issues with it creaking. Cheap and easy to replace the bearings if need be aswell.

Posted: Aug 29, 2015 at 5:01 Quote
Ive just been quoted £46 fitted for the Sram or £56 fitted for the wheels version by my LBS so ill take the frame down and have a look.

Posted: Sep 6, 2015 at 2:04 Quote
Can someone post a picture or let me know which front mech I need as both the spesh website and dealer say it a DM S3 but having bought one doesn't fit anywhere near.The mech has the 22.1 spacing with 5 mm offset which is supposed to be the correct on but the frame holes are around 40mm apart and looks more like an S1 fitment.

Posted: Sep 6, 2015 at 2:24 Quote
Gysot wrote:

You need Specialized adapter to mount it there.

Posted: Sep 6, 2015 at 8:46 Quote
Do you know hat the adaptor looks like or a part number as my specialized dealer said there isnt any brackets and the mech should bolt direct to the frame.

Posted: Sep 6, 2015 at 9:17 Quote
Gysot wrote:
Do you know hat the adaptor looks like or a part number as my specialized dealer said there isnt any brackets and the mech should bolt direct to the frame.

I've got one I can send you.

Posted: Sep 6, 2015 at 12:06 Quote
Gysot wrote:
Looks like this:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/specialized/965977d1424404842-specific-front-derailleur-2014-stumpjumper-29-fsr-img_1651.jpg

Posted: Sep 6, 2015 at 13:24 Quote
Thanks for posting the picture,makes perfect sense now ive seen it and appears i have got the right mech after all.

Strange the my local spesh dealer didn't know this as they are usually very good and know their stuff !!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013139
Mobile Version of Website