SNOWBOARDERS, general discussion

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
SNOWBOARDERS, general discussion
Posted: Jan 3, 2016 at 20:09 Quote
My brother and I both have LibTech boards. They're dope. You don't even feel the wobbles.

Posted: Jan 4, 2016 at 9:47 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
My brother and I both have LibTech boards. They're dope. You don't even feel the wobbles.
I have a lib tech darker series. C3 btx camber. So overall camber, but with a smallll amount of rocker between your feet. Feels really nice. And the waves are for more contact that a regular board. So instead of 2 contacts (each under each foot) lib thech has seven I believe. So much of a difference from my burton custom, way better edge hold on ice and groomed trails

Posted: Jan 4, 2016 at 11:49 Quote
cabester98 wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
I have a lib tech darker series. C3 btx camber. So overall camber, but with a smallll amount of rocker between your feet. Feels really nice. And the waves are for more contact that a regular board. So instead of 2 contacts (each under each foot) lib thech has seven I believe. So much of a difference from my burton custom, way better edge hold on ice and groomed trails

werd. Nice board man.

My brother has a skunk ape. I've got a T.Rice Pro HP. I am thinking about getting a dark knife to replace my smaller board though...

Posted: Jan 4, 2016 at 23:40 Quote
I love my skunkape, I'd replace it with another if I could!

Posted: Jan 8, 2016 at 2:15 Quote
Riding a new Rome Gangplank.
Has capabilities of handling powder (which is currently non existent in Japagna). But most importantly its forgiving and playful in the park. Still early days in the 2016 season. But so far, so good.

Flux DS bindings
Thirty-two Lashed boots

Anyone else in Japan at the moment?

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2016 at 13:54 Quote
Riding a Jones hover craft. Effortless turns in the pow.

Posted: Jan 9, 2016 at 14:12 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
cabester98 wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

werd. Nice board man.

My brother has a skunk ape. I've got a T.Rice Pro HP. I am thinking about getting a dark knife to replace my smaller board though...
only complaint about lib techs is the edge doesn't wrap all the way around the tip and tail. I have multiple chips out of mine. And my friends is the same but much worse

Posted: Jan 9, 2016 at 18:54 Quote
d-man wrote:

D man you were talkin bout a backcountry day you had a few weeks ago. Are you using a sled to get back there?
And I'll assume you're using the hover craft in the snorkel stuff?

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2016 at 8:26 Quote
Yup, sled access to get to the goods.

Have not tried the hovercraft on the resort yet, I'm curious as to how it will work on a harder surface.

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2016 at 10:34 Quote
d-man wrote:
Yup, sled access to get to the goods.

Have not tried the hovercraft on the resort yet, I'm curious as to how it will work on a harder surface.

The hovercraft looks like a great board. I wanted something like a hovercraft but I very rarely ride powder or back country. %95 of my riding is within resort boundaries. I bought a K2 carve air. Arrived a few days ago. Can't wait to try it. Raining on the mountains this weekend though.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/Thunder_Chunk/20160112_220118_zps4lpkoltj.jpg

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 at 10:39 Quote
Looking at getting a new board. I currently ride a 2011 157W libtech skunkape and find it a bit unstable. I am looking for something good at high speed cruising and icy east coast conditions with the occasional jump. Should I just get a bigger skunkape? I am 6'5, 220lb what size do you think I should go for? I don't want to end up with something too big. Any other board suggestions?

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 at 11:04 Quote
skunkape wrote:
Looking at getting a new board. I currently ride a 2011 157W libtech skunkape and find it a bit unstable. I am looking for something good at high speed cruising and icy east coast conditions with the occasional jump. Should I just get a bigger skunkape? I am 6'5, 220lb what size do you think I should go for? I don't want to end up with something too big. Any other board suggestions?

Yeah that board is too small for you. My brother is 6'1 200 and rides the 161 Skunk Ape. I run about 235 and I've ridden his board quite a few times. We have the exact same stance so we swap boards every now and again just because. I found it to be an amazing board. Even on ice.

I've got a 164.4 T.Rice Pro HP Pointy. I'd recommend taking a look at one of those but I'd get the 161.5. But quite honesty, that board is not to be messed with. It'll put you on your face in a heartbeat if you're not paying attention.

If you can swing the bill I'd look at the Lib Tech Gold Member 163. I ride a 162 reverse camber board as my do all board. My buddy has a gold member and rides it on everything. I'd look at boards in that 161-163 range.

If you're not locked into Lib Tech there are tons of great options.

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 at 11:05 Quote
d-man wrote:

I tried to get one of those and the Stormchaser. Both sold out before I got my order in. Next year I'm gonna order one in Sept.

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 at 13:45 Quote
size is just preference, but yeah it does seem a little small. I'm about 6 ft. and ride a 156. but I love small boards for park riding and stuff.

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 at 16:48 Quote
FrozenTreads56 wrote:
size is just preference, but yeah it does seem a little small. I'm about 6 ft. and ride a 156. but I love small boards for park riding and stuff.

Not really. Some of it is preference. Much of it is having the right board for what you're riding, your weight and your foot size.

If he's got big ass feet for example... the waste might be too narrow and partially why he's unstable. Your height has very little to do with it. It's more about weight, foot size, board tech and riding style.

You could be 6ft and weight 150 pounds with size 10 boots. 156 is fine. But if you're 6ft weight 235 and rock a 12... more than likely that 156 is too small for you.

But what do I know.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020600
Mobile Version of Website