What kind of injuries have you had in mountain biking? - product design project

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
What kind of injuries have you had in mountain biking? - product design project
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 13, 2012 at 15:55 Quote
Complete separation of the AC joint to my right shoulder. Almost a grade 3 separation. Performing a small drop to a downhill trail lost control and crashed. Landing on my rightside hitting a large rock with my shoulder. I always ride with a helmet. And to this day I believe if I wasn't wearing it that day I also would have had a head injury.

Posted: Nov 13, 2012 at 16:40 Quote
Hit a tree head on at 30mph on xc bike. Peak didn't come off helmet so my head was kicked back & chin hit, sternum hit, felt like all my ribs where bruised, thigh hit stem, calf hit tree/fork idk. Saw it coming so was braced for impact, really doesn't help, result was leg muscles so smashed I could hardly bend my leg, limping for 7 weeks despite no breakages. More concerned about the £1200 damage I'd just done in the .6 secs since leaving the track, I fix for free lol

Posted: Nov 13, 2012 at 17:02 Quote
Ruptured disc in lower spine, hit side on by car coming out of junction across a bike lane without looking.
2 ruptured discs in neck. hit by drunk driver on hard shoulder.
Lost count of how many minor injuries over the last 35 years of riding.

Posted: Nov 16, 2012 at 3:55 Quote
photo

OTB onto concrete, fractured calcaneus and fibula.

Posted: Nov 18, 2012 at 10:16 Quote
When I was 15 I was jumping with a friend. I over shot the landing, went over the bars, landed right on top of my head like a pile driver. Then somersaulted in such a way that I got three compression fractures in my upper back and then rolled out of that into a tree. Hit the tree with the back of my neck breaking it. Broke the spinous process off of C7. When it was all done with I had 4 spinal injuries and one hell of a concussion from one bad jump. The docs say the helmet saved my life and that the neck injury should have at least made me a quad, if not dead. Also because of the concussion everything about that day is gone from my memory. What I know is what my riding buddy witnessed. It also took me months to be able what had happened the day before. The helmet I was wearing and neck brace I was in for 8 weeks are still hanging in the shop.

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 17:19 Quote
almost broke my wrist... had a crash and the first thing you do when falling is trying to protect yourself with your hands.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2013 at 8:18 Quote
renzo1320 wrote:
almost broke my wrist... had a crash and the first thing you do when falling is trying to protect yourself with your hands.
Learn to crash, quite literally please hit drops on your feet, ditch the bike a couple times on djs, try running down rock gardens, run and jump downhills, haha learn your body. Orr, you can get it through much riding experience

Posted: Mar 7, 2013 at 18:22 Quote
1. Overshot a landing, punched the ground and dislocated & fractured my elbow (6 week recovery)
2. Hung up a landing, catapulted to flat and landed gut first onto the end of the bar. Gave myself a hernia in the center of my stomach. (4 month recovery)
3. repeated sprained/twisted ankles (mainly caused by bad landings, big drops, and learning spin moves) (2 week recovery)
4. broken leg sliding out on black ice with a thin layer of snow on top (8 week recovery)

Thats it for now. good luck!

any chance did you already choose what your going to do for the project?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.061564
Mobile Version of Website