40 and over mountain bikers.

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
40 and over mountain bikers.
Posted: Feb 13, 2014 at 13:31 Quote
USMC wrote:
Just turned 40 last month. still living mostly weekends now. Crap gets in the way the rest of the week.

Salute

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 at 13:39 Quote
iffy wrote:
USMC wrote:
Just turned 40 last month. still living mostly weekends now. Crap gets in the way the rest of the week.

Salute

Well repaired Smile

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2014 at 9:34 Quote
BlurredVision wrote:
Let's see us old guys and girls in action. Post your ride photos.
Here is one of me from earlier this year.
This is the jump near the bottom of the trail that used to be call Linkin Logs. The trail has been changed and it is now called MindTheGap. This is jumping one of the 2 gaps on the trail.

43....Here's the actionSmile

https://vimeo.com/78333381

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 at 10:56 Quote
48 and it is last weekend. Not really action but I passed some skiiers.....

photo

Posted: Feb 28, 2014 at 20:45 Quote
kreature406 wrote:
Anyone with joint and back pain tried glucosamine sulphate supplements?...gonna try it. Might work.
I am a trainer as well and from my studies those supplements work if you take them before the cartilage is worn down. Once it's gone you are done. all those supplements do is help lubrication which will slow down the break down process.

Posted: Mar 2, 2014 at 2:04 Quote
flexte wrote:
kreature406 wrote:
Anyone with joint and back pain tried glucosamine sulphate supplements?...gonna try it. Might work.
I am a trainer as well and from my studies those supplements work if you take them before the cartilage is worn down. Once it's gone you are done. all those supplements do is help lubrication which will slow down the break down process.

Been on it a month plus fish oil tablets and I really feel it is working for me. Started running again and seem okay. I am also a personal trainer so I need to be fairly fit for the job so I hope the stuff keeps working.

Posted: Mar 17, 2014 at 20:19 Quote
kreature406 wrote:
flexte wrote:
kreature406 wrote:

Been on it a month plus fish oil tablets and I really feel it is working for me. Started running again and seem okay. I am also a personal trainer so I need to be fairly fit for the job so I hope the stuff keeps working.

Posted: Mar 17, 2014 at 20:23 Quote
endo-man wrote:
kreature406 wrote:
flexte wrote:

The Glucosamine can cause GI upset with some users (gas, diarrhea), if you experience this try taking the supplements with meals. Glucosamine can take a few weeks of consistent use before patients experience any joint pain relief. Also if you do get pain relief, it will only persist while you take the supplement, typically once you discontinue use the pain will return. Good luck. ps. I also know some recreation athletes who experienced pain relief with fish oil tablets.

Posted: Mar 23, 2014 at 15:18 Quote
55 here still having a go , weekend warrior style .

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 11:46 Quote
46 years old chasing my 14 year old son. I have so many good memories form MTB riding. My kids started young so for the last 10 years we have just been weekend riders until my son got into racing. Now I am back down to my 20 year old weight and having the time of my life spending time with the kids as well as the NorCal team I help coach. Not as fast going down as I once was but still getting out and pushing myself. Love being outside and enjoying the sport more than ever. Going to get back into racing this year and do the Ca, Enduro series with my boy.

Posted: May 14, 2014 at 18:12 Quote
After 1 hr of practicing manuals and 180 jhops my elbows feel like they are locked up. Maybe because i hit tricpes hard at the gym yesterday. The rush after riding definitely makes it worth it, just wish the pain was less. At 44 I think I am going to stop the high impact stuff in the next 5 years or less.

Posted: May 15, 2014 at 13:45 Quote
flexte wrote:
After 1 hr of practicing manuals and 180 jhops my elbows feel like they are locked up. Maybe because i hit tricpes hard at the gym yesterday. The rush after riding definitely makes it worth it, just wish the pain was less. At 44 I think I am going to stop the high impact stuff in the next 5 years or less.

Sounds like you are using your arms to much and not utilizing your body weight enough. Manuals are more about shifting the body than using your arms. I mean your work out could have played a part but i think using your body weight more would solve this.

Posted: May 15, 2014 at 18:34 Quote
USMC wrote:
flexte wrote:

Sounds like you are using your arms to much and not utilizing your body weight enough. Manuals are more about shifting the body than using your arms. I mean your work out could have played a part but i think using your body weight more would solve this.
also it may have been because i was doing a lot of jhops trying to 180. today my manuals went a little better i just leaned back and didn't really pull up at all.

Posted: May 15, 2014 at 19:07 Quote
Anyone in here ride BMX? that would be Ideal for what type of riding i am doing now but not sure how a 220lb 44 year old would look on a 20inch bike.

Posted: May 15, 2014 at 21:09 Quote
flexte wrote:
USMC wrote:
flexte wrote:

also it may have been because i was doing a lot of jhops trying to 180. today my manuals went a little better i just leaned back and didn't really pull up at all.

Again the body weight rule will help a lot. preloading and coming up. its hard to describe on a forum but when i used to ride street many moons ago. i remember when i used a lot of arm and tried to muscle the bike around it made the job actually harder than using my weight to perform the move.

As far as a 44 year old on a BMX bike got for it. I ride a DJ bike on a occasion only because the 20" frame feels really small and awkward. so i have a p1 pretty much stock because i don't ride it much but when i do its a blast. have a set of street tires and dirt tires. Even took it to a local DH track just for fun. Was a little rough but a lot of fun.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015807
Mobile Version of Website