40 and over mountain bikers.

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
40 and over mountain bikers.
Posted: May 16, 2014 at 14:20 Quote
Ride wtf you like, one life make the most of it. I ride dj's and pump tracks regular who cares how old you are.

Posted: May 16, 2014 at 14:33 Quote
minty1 wrote:
Ride wtf you like, one life make the most of it. I ride dj's and pump tracks regular who cares how old you are.

Couldn't have said it better myself.....just bought a nukeprook snap and I'm 42 years young.

Posted: May 16, 2014 at 15:00 Quote
Guess it's time to research some more and pick me up a BMX bike. I don't ride dirt much because no one is ever at my local spot. It is deep in the woods so if something goes wrong I would be laying out there for days. So far I have walked away from all of my crashes but that one day that I can't would be my last.

Posted: May 16, 2014 at 15:04 Quote
flexte wrote:
Guess it's time to research some more and pick me up a BMX bike. I don't ride dirt much because no one is ever at my local spot. It is deep in the woods so if something goes wrong I would be laying out there for days. So far I have walked away from all of my crashes but that one day that I can't would be my last.
haha I haven't been so lucky and I'm not quite so forward thinking! I'm always riding alone but leave the big stuff for rides in company,oh and mobile phone is always in arms reach. Wink

Posted: May 16, 2014 at 17:26 Quote
flexte wrote:

Smart man.

Posted: May 16, 2014 at 17:29 Quote
Yeah but one of my local spots is so hard to describe how bro get there. I guess I have to find some young kids to ride with. Should have had some kids when I was a teen then would have someone to ride with

Posted: May 16, 2014 at 18:02 Quote
Get a spot locator its what i use when i ride somewhere remote. It has a 911 button and it alerts authorities to your GPS location no describing needed.
http://www.findmespot.com/en/

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 3:47 Quote
Drop a trail of doggie treats as you ride

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 5:49 Quote
the spot locator looks like a good idea. that is unless i get knocked unconscious. I could be missing for days and the only ones that would know are my employees and they wouldn't notice until Payday.

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 5:57 Quote
don't worry set up an automatic transfer for pay day.

but seriusly, try and find a riding buddy, its motivating as well Smile

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 9:58 Quote
maybe when i move to Baltimore, MD i will have better luck finding someone to ride with.

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 10:25 Quote
meetup.com find 75% of my MTB rides I go on through that website. Type in what you are interested in and find groups with the same interests. Met a lot of cool people and really skilled riders through that website.

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 14:22 Quote
USMC wrote:
meetup.com find 75% of my MTB rides I go on through that website. Type in what you are interested in and find groups with the same interests. Met a lot of cool people and really skilled riders through that website.
sounds cool,need this kinda thing over here.

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 21:40 Quote
USMC wrote:
I joined a mtb group but they only ride trails. I searched BMX and dirtjumping and nothing came up.

Posted: May 19, 2014 at 7:15 Quote
flexte wrote:
USMC wrote:
I joined a mtb group but they only ride trails. I searched BMX and dirtjumping and nothing came up.

Worth a try.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013483
Mobile Version of Website