40 and over mountain bikers.

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
40 and over mountain bikers.
Posted: Oct 3, 2014 at 15:57 Quote
minty1 wrote:
mattygee020671 wrote:
minty1 wrote:
And we got all the good bikes! Wink

i only got half a one at the moment, I9 are taking an age to get me wheels built!!!!
what spokes do they use? Easy to get if needed?
the ally ones mate

Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 14:05 Quote
mattygee020671 wrote:
minty1 wrote:
mattygee020671 wrote:

i only got half a one at the moment, I9 are taking an age to get me wheels built!!!!
the ally ones mate
I'm always cautious with spokes,easy to break and often the ready built use hard to get spokes.

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 8:17 Quote
minty1 wrote:
mattygee020671 wrote:
minty1 wrote:
the ally ones mate
I'm always cautious with spokes,easy to break and often the ready built use hard to get spokes.
My lbs is an I9 dealer so no worries there, swiss shop so slightly more expensive than the french side but oh well.

Posted: Oct 8, 2014 at 6:43 Quote
Just started dirt jumping. Worked my way up to hitting the first few on the lower Sherwood line at highland last weekend.
Views: 330    Faves: 0    Comments: 2

Posted: Oct 9, 2014 at 18:22 Quote
Hello all, 52 years old here. I'm a newb on a mountain bike or any kind of bicycle as far as that goes for the last 35 years. Rode a lot of motorcycles on the trails growing up and lots of motorcycles on the street. I currently have a Streetglide but decided to go without a motor for fitness. My first ride was a relatively flat trail which seemed easy enough until a came upon a hill that I later found out was dug out for BMX jumps. It didn't look too steep for this ol' motorcycle rider so I went for it. After taking off down the "cliff" I launched off of the uphill and met a tree. I flew over the bars and landed on my back very ungracefully, lol. I rode another thirty minutes then I was spent. After three days of painful breathing, I went to the doc. Turns out I completely snapped my 52 year old #6 rib.

So...........after a few weeks of recovery I'm back at it and getting stronger and smarter day by day. I'm losing a ton of weight and getting in shape while learning that I really enjoy riding the trails. Just wanted to share and hope everyone has a great weekend!

Posted: Oct 9, 2014 at 18:35 Quote
Feel better, heal up, and welcome to the thread!

Ride on bro...

Posted: Oct 9, 2014 at 20:46 Quote
Heading off now to my 2nd enduro race. Need 2 days practice before Sunday. Last race i slammed into a tree after a jump and broke my shoulder blade. Only started riding again last week and have yet to get airborne. Hope my balls grow back before Sunday morning.

Posted: Oct 10, 2014 at 14:57 Quote
nidgeslash9 wrote:
Heading off now to my 2nd enduro race. Need 2 days practice before Sunday. Last race i slammed into a tree after a jump and broke my shoulder blade. Only started riding again last week and have yet to get airborne. Hope my balls grow back before Sunday morning.

Sounds painful as hell, kinda like a broke rib! Good luck Sunday!

Posted: Oct 11, 2014 at 13:10 Quote
I started late,first dh bike age 41,so I decided from day one not to be a pussy and to hit stuff soon as I see it rather than spending time building up to it. If I was gonna get to a level I wanted to I had to go big soon as possible. Results have been interesting. Most people I ride with assume I have been riding all my life due to ability,this is the good side! I have also been broken for 10 months over the last 2 1/2 years,this not so good. Haha. Sat here broken at the moment having just sold the dh bike. Had every intention of leaving dh alone for awhile due to injuries,but soon as I got the cash for the old bike I started buying parts for the next big bike. Dumb? probably,but happier than I've ever been Never been one to age gracefully, gotta say though, I didn't expect to be breaking bones age 43. Bikes have become my life,for better or worse till death us do part.

Posted: Oct 13, 2014 at 20:13 Quote
hey y'all - Im a new to PB rider - 43 years old. Rode all thru my teens and 20's then stopped for 10 years or so. I got a hybrid for fitness, then a road bike but always felt at home in the dirt. Got a 29er a couple years ago and go riding 3-4x/ week. Took it to Whistler last weekend and had a ball at the bike park and now on the hunt for a DH bike because that was WAY to much fun! Have a hill near my place for shuttle runs and stoked for May to come so park opens up!

Posted: Oct 13, 2014 at 20:39 Quote
bigredride wrote:
hey y'all - Im a new to PB rider - 43 years old. Rode all thru my teens and 20's then stopped for 10 years or so. I got a hybrid for fitness, then a road bike but always felt at home in the dirt. Got a 29er a couple years ago and go riding 3-4x/ week. Took it to Whistler last weekend and had a ball at the bike park and now on the hunt for a DH bike because that was WAY to much fun! Have a hill near my place for shuttle runs and stoked for May to come so park opens up!

Welcome to the not over the hill just yet :-)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013487
Mobile Version of Website