40 and over mountain bikers.

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
40 and over mountain bikers.
Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 0:33 Quote
Had my trail and AM bikes nabbed over the break. The new frame (Knolly warden) doesn't fit well on my bike carrier and is not very discrete. So I bought a new bike carrier - caddy van. Most expensive bike carrier yet? The wife thinks I'm a little obsessed with mountain biking.
Knolly warden

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 15:25 Quote
Snozz wrote:
Had my trail and AM bikes nabbed over the break. The new frame (Knolly warden) doesn't fit well on my bike carrier and is not very discrete. So I bought a new bike carrier - caddy van. Most expensive bike carrier yet? The wife thinks I'm a little obsessed with mountain biking.
Knolly warden
It's ok to be obsessed with mtb'ing, it's good for you.

Posted: Feb 6, 2015 at 8:42 Quote
Hit 40 on 21st Jan just gone and last year when I was 39 I was rideing a lot smashing my goals rideing 4 times a week often doing 60 80 120 miles and felt really good did not feel older at all . Did my personal goal of 100miles in one day on a 160 mm travel bike smashed that and did 120miles in 8 hours buzzing . Come chrismas I got the man flu and chest infection boooooo took 3 weeks to recover but got back out on my bike soon to feel like crap and since hitting 40 it's like somone has hit a go slow switch . Is it really pipe and slippers time )) I just feel a massive lack of motovasion to ride ( maybe winter blues or maybe time to set new goals ? Anyone els noticed hitting 40 and slowing down ? Cheers

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2015 at 11:41 Quote
Not for me...

I recommend you get into juicing. I juice morning and night. Get rid of all the crap food that may be lingering in the house.

I rarely get sick, 45min lifting & 15min cardio in the mornings, and ride pretty much every day Mon - Sat.

Going on 46 - and hope to being riding all the new techno when I'm 80 :~)

Ride on my friend...

Posted: Feb 12, 2015 at 15:47 Quote
Just turned 45 and solely riding my 20in bmx. Too cold to ride outside so I practice tricks in my basement. If I could just find one person to ride with I would probably learn a lot faster.

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 11:20 Quote
Just turned 47 in January. I have been riding my whole life in some form or another. I find motivation is never a problem. Whether I'm slowing down or not doesn't really matter, most of the trails I ride are not very flowy, more of a challenge to my balance, tight with steep short ups and downs. My main concern is the time it takes to recover from injuries and getting through the winters without putting on weight. Seems i can't just eat and drink the way I used to. This is the first time I've been to this forum and it would be nice to keep it going.

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 12:03 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
Fellow old guy here.. (41)

Im seeing a lot about aches and pains, ive been dealing with lower back/sciatic pain for quite a long time.. Ive been seeing a chiropractor 1, sometimes 2x a week AND started seeing a massage therapist. .

It kept getting WORSE.. my left hip joint was having issues stemming from the sciatic, where the cup for the joint was inflamed and causing me ALLLLL sort if greif.. been rolling around on the floor on tennis balls for a few weeks to try and get the tension to subside...

2 weeks ago EVERYTHING changed for me, Ive never had such a drastic change in pain level EVER.. it was so simple.. I used this picture and point 20.. (found floating around on FB) and a plastic dolphin. . I spent 5 maybe 10min with the top nub (dorsal fin) in the center of my heel, with some good pressure, enough that i was sore to the touch, but didnt hurt walking??

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/sublimewind/Misc%20pics/IMG_385116394478942.jpeg
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/sublimewind/Misc%20pics/20141212_084035.jpg
Now gentlemen, ive been seening a chiropractor for 30yrs (since i was 10) so i know back pain, i know what works and what doesnt... Ive honestly never had such a major change in pain...

Ive since told the massage therapist we'll be "as needed" and im about to tell my chiropractor the same!!

Ive been snowboarding twice now since this and its a whole new world...

The pain isnt GONE, but its gone from a constant 7 to a 1if that!!

Its worth a shot, its changed me, maybe it can help someone else

Just wanted to stop in and give an update on this post.

Its now been almost 5 months since I did what I outlined above and while my sciatic problem isnt gone its STILL at a pain threshhold of 0.5-1 which is pretty monumental in my opinion..

Take from it what you will, im extatic!!

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 12:55 Quote
thats great to hear! thanks for the news Smile

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 13:36 Quote
Pg 100 on the new Mountain bike action, 52 yr old still rocking and riding pro...

Posted: May 19, 2015 at 6:05 Quote
I'm 45 and have been riding since '96 but the last 2 years I haven't ridden much. I got fat and lazy....Now I am changing that, eating clean and riding again!

My goal this year, lose 20 lbs. and get back in good riding shape!!

Also, first post on pinkbike! I look forward to being a part of a great community!

Posted: May 19, 2015 at 6:24 Quote
Welcome bro!

Cheers

Posted: May 19, 2015 at 7:11 Quote
mtbiker4Lyf wrote:
I'm 45 and have been riding since '96 but the last 2 years I haven't ridden much. I got fat and lazy....Now I am changing that, eating clean and riding again!

Also, first post on pinkbike! I look forward to being a part of a great community!

A lot of us like that - used to ride a lot and then life got in the way. Get back out there mate! Good for you.

Posted: May 19, 2015 at 12:27 Quote
bigredride wrote:
mtbiker4Lyf wrote:

A lot of us like that - used to ride a lot and then life got in the way. Get back out there mate! Good for you.

fredro wrote:
Welcome bro!

Cheers

thank you both!! Big Grin

Posted: May 19, 2015 at 13:23 Quote
mtbiker4Lyf wrote:

Welcome to pinkbike and ride-on.

Posted: May 19, 2015 at 19:22 Quote
Best thing I've done is dragged my boys into mtb. We have 3 nice bikes now and go at least every other weekend. 52, 21 and 17yrs old. They are almost catching me in skills. So cool!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015128
Mobile Version of Website