40 and over mountain bikers.

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
40 and over mountain bikers.
O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2016 at 21:06 Quote
Hey guys, just found this sub forum. 47 year old guy here fighting the tolls of a life well lived. Started mountain biking again 2 years ago after a 20 year or so lay off. I wanted to say that I'll be trying some of those lower back videos, mine's not bad, but I don't want it to get there either.

Posted: Jun 6, 2016 at 2:00 Quote
welcome to the thread Smile

check out abbys yoga for bikers Smile

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 13:20 Quote
done bar the shouting invisifram kit fitted. Waiting on SLIK graphics for the cranks and NL for the forks and rim decals. Hoping the weather is not as forecast and its just cloudy in Morzine and not pissing it down so i can go for a blast
so, just made this rideable. hopefully get on it this weekend. much happy

Posted: Jun 28, 2016 at 17:50 Quote
Trumbull, CT

Some HUGE drops and steep roller.

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 4:19 Quote
That place looks really cool. but those drops look REALLY big.

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 4:23 Quote
Very cool and very big. Well built too, but intimidating nonetheless. A bit out of my league. Save those for the youngsters...

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 6:08 Quote
fredro wrote:
Very cool and very big. Well built too, but intimidating nonetheless. A bit out of my league. Save those for the youngsters...

Wow, I never knew there were features like that in Trumbull! My Reign and I are going to have to make a day trip this weekend. (I turned 40 in March, so I am allowed to post in here now)

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 12:56 Quote
Looks fun Fredro

Posted: Jul 1, 2016 at 15:55 Quote
fredro wrote:
Trumbull, CT

Some HUGE drops and steep roller.

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

It that what they call the vietnam area

Posted: Jul 1, 2016 at 16:32 Quote
Not sure. I do know it's off of yellow and red trails at Trumbull Park.

Posted: Aug 6, 2016 at 10:32 Quote
I believe in injury prevention through full body fitness.

Core strength and joint mobility. Scott Sonnon's 'Flow' is my favourite prophet of this approach,
though many trainers schooled in corrective physical therapy and core strength can teach it.
Sonnon is a middleweight wrestler and trainer for emergency services.

youtube.com/watch?v=t776I1J6Y1E

Posted: Aug 8, 2016 at 16:05 Quote
ssquid wrote:
I believe in injury prevention through full body fitness.

Yeah right... and through full body armour AND adequately tuned bike... tup

photo
photo

Almost broke my hip on that one : bad (too slow) compression setting in the front... rockgarden... forks packed... square edge... scoop... OTB... slam... no elbow/forearm pads, no protection jacket...

I guess I'm the only one to blame. Whip

Nice vid btw. Been into Founder's training for 18 months now, might add the Flow to it. Founder's has been anything but good to my old hernied back.

Posted: Aug 8, 2016 at 19:16 Quote
Ouch, hip looks painful. Heal up quick.

I managed to get stitches in my elbow last summer at whistler while wearing full pads and riding a freshly tuned bike. Just a front tire washout trying to keep up with my faster buddies.

The story gets better with time and a couple beverages......

Posted: Aug 31, 2016 at 16:14 Quote
I'm glad to have found this thread. I'm bummed right now because I trained pretty well this winter for the ESC enduro series, which is held at DH resorts. The training didn't matter much because I froze up and lacked the skills on the larger drops and jumps. I'm 47 and decided to add yoga classes to assist with my tightness and leg burnout. Are any of you doing any training programs? I like to do gym and trail work. But, I'm finding XC riding to be almost a waste of time regarding the progression of skills needed for park riding and the more challenging enduros. Do any of you have an idea of the percentage of your available training time that you put towards skills, strength, pedaling, etc.

Posted: Aug 31, 2016 at 18:09 Quote
I put more training time off the bike than on. But I'm a PT by trade so I spend a lot of time training others. I find a well designed program concentrating on power over strength seems to work best. I do circuit training so it works out the cardio side along with building up my power and endurance.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027753
Mobile Version of Website