40 and over mountain bikers.

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
40 and over mountain bikers.
Posted: Sep 3, 2016 at 10:52 Quote
Thanks! I'm finding the off the bike combined with skill work on the bike seems to help most. The XC riding really does not seem to transfer to the DH and bike park trails.

Posted: Sep 4, 2016 at 12:43 Quote
Bike skill, bike skill and bike skill...then some streching...a weekly xc tour of 1-2hours (if time permits) to keep the cardio at a desent level...

Posted: Sep 12, 2016 at 19:38 Quote
So probably my last year on this frame so wanted to try something really happy with how this turned out.
Really happy with how this came out.

Posted: Sep 12, 2016 at 21:44 Quote
USMC wrote:
So probably my last year on this frame so wanted to try something really happy with how this turned out.

That looks fantastic. Love it. How'd you do it?

Posted: Sep 13, 2016 at 4:05 Quote
USMC wrote:

Wow... just wow. Nice work!

That's one Spesh I wouldn't mind owning! 'grats

Posted: Sep 13, 2016 at 4:11 Quote
Stripped the paint off and did a slight polish on it. For the logos I cut adhesive foil. And thanks

Posted: Sep 13, 2016 at 6:22 Quote
Haha, the statue in the back.

photo

Posted: Sep 13, 2016 at 6:39 Quote
BlurredVision wrote:
Haha, the statue in the back.

lol

Posted: Sep 13, 2016 at 6:49 Quote
Can you get more specific? Sorry if its a stupid question but how did you strip the paint and where did you get the adhesive foil and how did you cut and place it so perfect?

Posted: Sep 13, 2016 at 7:13 Quote
Okay so I used Klean Strip paint stripper to remove the paint with a plastic scrapper in the large areas. On the welds and tighter locations I used #0 steel wool with stripper on it. (Use thick chemical resistant gloves on this step) once that was done I used #00 steel wool to clean the frame to a sheen. Then to slightly polish it is used #000 with brasso on it to give it a slight shine. Was not trying to polish this bright.

For the logos I used my wife's Cricut explore which can cut vinyl decals. Bought the adhesive foil and started sorting which logos and sizes I wanted. The machine did the rest. Placement just took time. Was like placing a vinyl decal with transfer paper. This actually took more work than any of my paint jobs I have done. Took 3 solid days of work.

Adhesive foil was purchased at JoAnn fabrics for $10
Stripper, polish, steel wool, and PPE was purchased from Home Depot for $35

Posted: Sep 13, 2016 at 9:14 Quote
Hello all, 41 here. Got back into MTB about a year ago after life got into the way in my 20's and 30's. Used to ride BMX as a kid. Now I mainly ride ST technical trails and some DH on my Trance 2. Loving it and obsessed with it. After getting back home from being out to sea, one of the first things I do is call my buddy up and hit the local trails out here in SOCAL. Looking to head out to Sedona or Moab soon as well. Those trails look epic!

Posted: Sep 19, 2016 at 21:02 Quote
USMC wrote:
I put more training time off the bike than on. But I'm a PT by trade so I spend a lot of time training others. I find a well designed program concentrating on power over strength seems to work best. I do circuit training so it works out the cardio side along with building up my power and endurance.

Not quite 40 yet (6 mos away), but I'm curious as to how you prioritize power over strength? I've been trying to learn more about exercise phys and training. Seems like most programs are designed for pros or bodybuilders.

Posted: Sep 20, 2016 at 4:55 Quote
Power vs. Strength..... you'll have to explain that one to me.

Posted: Sep 20, 2016 at 15:36 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
Power vs. Strength..... you'll have to explain that one to me.

Maybe power vs stamina....those are different training types.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019605
Mobile Version of Website