Downtube Rock Guard for M9?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Downtube Rock Guard for M9?
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Nov 19, 2012 at 12:37 Quote
Looking for a rock guard for my Intense M9....anybody know where you can get one?

Posted: Nov 19, 2012 at 13:28 Quote
cheap option, old tire and some zip ties.

Posted: Nov 19, 2012 at 14:19 Quote
onesadvw wrote:
cheap option, old tire and some zip ties.

Posted: Nov 19, 2012 at 14:23 Quote
Use some velcro if you want a clean look, plus you can rip it off anytime you want.

Posted: Nov 19, 2012 at 16:19 Quote
mcmbike wrote:
Use some velcro if you want a clean look, plus you can rip it off anytime you want.

^ THIS! I did this to the chain stays and seat stays on my demo with black Velcro, you can't even see it. You can get colors to match your bike as well. Use the fuzzy side, obviously Smile

Posted: Nov 20, 2012 at 6:34 Quote
onesadvw wrote:
mcmbike wrote:
Use some velcro if you want a clean look, plus you can rip it off anytime you want.

^ THIS! I did this to the chain stays and seat stays on my demo with black Velcro, you can't even see it. You can get colors to match your bike as well. Use the fuzzy side, obviously Smile


Yeah I was thinking that...but I really wanted a Carbon Fiber guard like they make for Demo's and Sessions, on the East Coast your downtube takes serioius abuse with rocks. But thanks for the input

Posted: Nov 20, 2012 at 15:12 Quote
Might have to find someone that can make one for you. Never seen one for the M9.

Posted: Nov 20, 2012 at 18:32 Quote
http://zelvycarbon.com/?page_id=494

not cheap, but they build carbon downtube guards for several bikes, including your M9.

Posted: Nov 21, 2012 at 11:19 Quote
If I bought a carbon guard, I'd need a guard for my guard.

Posted: Nov 21, 2012 at 13:23 Quote
yo dawg, I heard you liked guards.......so we got you a guard for your gaurd so you can guard what your guarding.

Posted: Nov 24, 2012 at 18:13 Quote
Here is what i have on mine … $12 bucks at Fanatik Bikes in Bellingham.

SHELTER ROLL: recommended for shops or teams. Size: 54mm x 5m

http://www.effettomariposa.eu/en/products/shelter/

You can't even see it on the bike except for the edges on the down tube … look for the edge below the INTENSE sticker

It is clear, about a 1/16th of an inch thick, and i have it running top to bottom on my M9


Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 13:55 Quote
Have you used zelvycarbon guards befor? How do they attach to the bike? A stick on or pressure fit of zip ties?

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 3:18 Quote
scrammer wrote:
Here is what i have on mine … $12 bucks at Fanatik Bikes in Bellingham.

SHELTER ROLL: recommended for shops or teams. Size: 54mm x 5m

http://www.effettomariposa.eu/en/products/shelter/

You can't even see it on the bike except for the edges on the down tube … look for the edge below the INTENSE sticker

It is clear, about a 1/16th of an inch thick, and i have it running top to bottom on my M9



Ok this shelter looks awesome....my question is where do you buy it? I cant find on there web page a place to buy??

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 8:13 Quote
I found it at my LBS but it appears to be available on amazon as well!

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv16 0.017936
Mobile Version of Website